Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SIM Upgrade

My wife has a pay as you go service using a Nokia 3410. She received the new SIM card, inserted it but nothing is working properly - loads of gobbley **bleep** on the screens and unable to select menu. On investigation the 3410 device is no longer supported on the new SIM. Great! Why should she have to buy a new phone just because Virgin have performed an upgrade? This is totally unacceptable. Surely Virgin must be aware of the capabilities of new upgrades supporting old phones. I also have broadband, home telephone and TV but if this is how Virgin treat their customers I will be seriously considering switching to an alternate supplier. I await Virigin's response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SIM Upgrade

This happened to me, I have a Pay As You Go Nokia 2310. I phoned Virgin mobile yesterday. Took ages to get through but they are going to send me a new phone. Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's very interested . Thanks for that. What number did you use to contact Virgin please as I will chase this down. Many thanks Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm on PAYG and  had a long PM session with Ryan_N about Nokia issues - seems the older ones can't be unlocked from VM network (my previous Nokia was the same), and the oldest ones aren't compatible, but I could get a free handset (it's the Energiser one on their website). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike sorry for the delay in replying. I dialled 789 from my mobile. It took an hour for anyone to pick up and another 30 mins to chat to two people. The first one put me through to a "technical" person, Andy, and he took details for the new phone to be issued. He needed the IMEI number so have that handy if/when you call.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had cause to complain to Virgin regarding the SIMS Upgrade for the 02 merger. They redeemed themselves by providing a replacement Nokia phone free of charge and delivered within 48 hours. You are forgiven Virgin.

0 Kudos