cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement sim requested several times, Customer Services waste of time

bobm01
On our wavelength

Over the past several months, I’ve requested a replacement SIM 4 times, as my current one will not connect to 5G (I’ve checked my sim in my wife’s iPhone and the sim will it connect to 5G. But my wife’s SIM in my iPhone will connect, so I know it’s not 5he phone). The first 2 requests the agents told me to get in touch with Apple, even though I explained that I had already proved it is a SIM issue. Each time I’ve requested I was told that a replacement had been ordered and on the first 3 occasions I received an email stating this, on the last occasion, I didn’t even get an email and they was reluctant to send me one as I had already requested 3 already. I’ve pointed out that on each occasion I have not received a SIM and  being forced to use a faulty SIM. I even offered to pay for postage so it can be tracked, but was told I could not do that.

So can anybody help here to actually get me a replacement SIM or should I just find another provider, where their Customer Services are actually there to help the customers 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bobm01
On our wavelength

Serena,

I have received my replacement sim but it will not connect. I’ve tried texting READY and do not get a reply, I’ve tried switching off the iPhone inserting the new sim and waiting but doe not connect. Please, any help would be appreciated, after waiting nearly 3 months to actually get a sim (see original tread) I’m now looking at other providers for less hassle even if I have to pay more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Replacing the SIM will not help. To get 5G you either have to take out a new contract or wait until you are moved off EE and onto Vodafone. Most likely your wife is in one of those categories 

Whatever is written on the packet all SIM cards with a purple band are capable of 5G

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

bobm01
On our wavelength

I’m already on a 5G contract, like I explained in my post when I swop the SIMs in my and wife’s phone, she then can’t connect to 5G (with my SIM) but I then can connect to 5G with her SIM in my iPhone 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bovm01,

Please do not multi post. As this can take away us responding to other customers, I can see you have posted on another thread and have been messaging with our team.

Zoie

bobm01
On our wavelength

Apologies for that didn’t realise I had. Will the person who contacted me yesterday come back to me as I sent my details but they haven’t replied. 

Thanks for coming back to us @bobm01

I understand that you have been messaged on Saturday afternoon

Can you please check your inbox to ensure this has been received? If so, please drop a response to my colleague

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

bobm01
On our wavelength

I did have a response on Saturday asking for details of the mobile number, my name, address and 3 letters from my password.But I have had no response, after sending the details asked. A. Copy of the dialogue below.

Re: Replacement sim requested several times, Customer Services waste of time

Hey @bobm01,

Can you confirm the following please

[deleted]

Thanks
Steven_L

bobm01_1-1632144553159.png

bobm01
Saturday

[deleted]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Posting personal information in the open public forum leaves you open to hacking.

No doubt a mod will remove it before any harm is done 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to me and confirming your account details @bobm01.

There seems to have been an error with the system that has stopped the update that I sent being shown.

I arranged for a new sim card to be sent out to you on Saturday and it should be with you in the next 2 to 3 working days.

Please let us know how it goes once you have received the new sim card.

Regards,

Steven_L

bobm01
On our wavelength

Thanks for coming back, when I look at the order it shows my sons number ending in 0550, but my number the sim I’m having problems with ends in 7133, can you confirm that it is for the correct mobile number please