Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Handset Warning re Data Usage

My Nokia 3310 would not accept the new purple SIM and the Virgin tech team were unable to provide an unlock code so they very kindly sent me a free replacement handset - Mobiwire Oneida. This is a basic phone to replace my old basic phone but it does have mobile data functions. Be aware that the mobile data is turned on as default. As a result, when I inserted my new SIM, it began using mobile data. I noticed this fairly quickly and turned the mobile data off, but not before it had used £2.00 of my credit. I only use this phone for emergency phone calls/texts and I know a lot of others on this forum do the same, so if you get a replacement handset make sure you turn the mobile data off immediately or you will find all your credit gobbled up when you come to make that urgent call.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Replacement Handset Warning re Data Usage

Hi there @FedUp71 

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the data being switched on. You are able to turn this off on the handset in settings > data settings. Have you since been able to do this? We are also able to switch off the data from our end if you'd like us to, however you would then need to contact us again to switch it back on if you needed. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie,
Thanks for your post. Yes, I have turned the mobile data off on the handset. I just wanted to highlight this issue to other users as credit can soon be used up by background data use.
Regards.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @FedUp71 

Thanks for your reply. Glad to hear that you have been able to disable the data services. Apologies for the issues you've had, please let us know if there is anything else that we can help with now, or in the future. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide