cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove repetitive false notification of voice mail

roadgiant
On our wavelength

For some time I have been getting false notification of voicemail on my mobile phone, usually after restarting or entering pin.
The message icon appears on my phone,I open it and get the message " No new voicemail" from the voicemail service

Does anyone know how to clear this and  prevent this occuring continually if there are no new messages?
Thanks 
RG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can you call your own mobile and leave yourself a message? Then delete it. This should solve this. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi roadgiant

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the confusion with the voicemail. What phone are you using and is the software on it up to date?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

roadgiant
On our wavelength

Thanks for resonding
I am currently omn a Moto g50 upto date with Android 11,up to a month or so back I was using a Huawei P20 Lite running Android 9, the same thing was happening on the P20, for a long time,I just never got aroud to trying to sort it out

Thanks for coming back to me.

Is the software upto date on the phone?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

roadgiant
On our wavelength

Yes software is upto date

Can you call your own mobile and leave yourself a message? Then delete it. This should solve this. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

roadgiant
On our wavelength

Thanks, will give it a try later and let you know if that works

Cheers do keep me posted.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

roadgiant
On our wavelength

Seems to have worked OK, thanks for the help

Great to hear all sorted 🙂

Is there anything further I can assist with?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team