cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently ported to virgin now iMessage not verified

Jessiea95x
Tuning in

Hi, had my iPhone two days it’s it’s ported fully yesterday apparently, Everything is set up as my original number I’m keeping.. when I text it texts off the and phones of it, only problem seems is it just keeps saying verifying on iMessage so I’m unable to use iMessage or FaceTime.

have tried everything updated all the phone numbers.. rebooted, turned off on. Signed out of Apple ID. Nothing seems to be working

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting me know 🙂 

I know it's a pain and you may find a easier solution on the link provided above by @enlli - but from my experience I think the issue comes from when the phone is first installed/set up and it goes from the number that was in the phone at the time. As much as it is a pain if you could back your phone up and try a full factory reset of the handset - I am sure this will resolve the problem. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

28 REPLIES 28

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jessiea95x, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

The information you've provided within your post has been helpful - so thank you for that. Can you check for me if you go to Settings> Phone> My Number - is the number the one you have ported or the temp number you was given? If it is the temp number can you remove that and put in your actual ported number please. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hi Thankyou for your reply, yes the number has been changed I done that a few days back changed to my oringal number I’m ported to 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

May be of use. 

https://appletoolbox.com/imessage-displays-the-wrong-phone-number-fix/

Also if you search this forum for 'iMessage' you will probably find the answer as it has come up before.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting me know 🙂 

I know it's a pain and you may find a easier solution on the link provided above by @enlli - but from my experience I think the issue comes from when the phone is first installed/set up and it goes from the number that was in the phone at the time. As much as it is a pain if you could back your phone up and try a full factory reset of the handset - I am sure this will resolve the problem. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is what I put up for another customer which worked for them

Sign out of your Apple ID

Switch off and Reboot the phone 

Sign back in to your Apple ID

The problem seems to be that the Apple ID does not update automatically 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Everything is displaying the correct number, I’ve had text to say it’s all complete but it’s the iMessage saying verifying… will not verify though x

Will try this now thanks x

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you try the Apple ID fix I posted. I'm interested in the results to put in my crib sheet for the future 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I assumed from the original post from the customer that they had tried that method @enlli. I am sure they will be able to confirm 🙂 

Let me know how you get on @Jessiea95x

Cheers, 

Ryan.