Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problem registering mobile account

Hi,

When trying to register for a new Virgin Mobile account, after entering my Mobile Number, the next screen asks me to enter my security answer but I have never set one up for the mobile account only for my Media Account and registration is not accepting that. My SIM came with my Oomph Virgin Media Package and there were no codes or specific instructions on how to set up the account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can’t register for mobile account to enter PAC code

Still waiting for solution to registering for Virgin Mobile Account. Asks for answer to non existent security question. I gave my PAC code when ordering Oomph package and additional SIM for my second phone. I have put the unlimited 4G SIM into my primary phone but number still has not ported after two days ! Help line centre is closed !! Frustrated by lack of contact to resolve this issue and need it sorted NOW. What do I need to do to get a solution instead of messages giving me badges and other nonsense?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t register for mobile account to enter PAC code

@kenmccaig Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads and removed the off topic one on the chat board.

The forum is not the best place if you want an instant response, for that it is best to call VM.  The quality of staff responses it usually better on here but resources are limited so it can take a few days to get a response as it is primarily a community forum where customers try to help customers.

Call centres are not closed, just very busy.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem registering mobile account

Hi Kenmccaig, 

Really sorry that you're having an issue setting up an online account and your number hasn't yet been ported, I can appreciate you're keen to know what's going on. 

I can certainly help with both of these issues and get everything sorted. 

To do this though I'll need to pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gold star to Emma_C in Virgin forum team.

She supported me through difficult issue with porting caused by BT splitting the port. In addition to that she has helped with a range of matters and resolved everything I needed help with. First class service from a very helpful and pleasant person. 

👍👍

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The forum team are actually fab aren't they.

Shame they can't take the reigns and run the rest of Virgin Mobile.

0 Kudos