cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number is not being updated for iMessage

Sanat129
Joining in

Hi There, 

I was using lyca and last month switched to virgin keeping my old number but unfortunately I won’t able to retain my number for iMessage or iCloud. On my device the mobile number says different. 

I’ve tried to reach customer support couple of times but no luck. Can you please help me with this.

Thanks,

42 REPLIES 42

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This solves some problems

Sign out of your Apple ID

Switch your phone off and then on again

Resign in to your Apple ID

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sanat129,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a spot of bother with the number updating for iMessage. Have the steps that have been suggested by @enlli helped at all?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

No it didn’t work. I’m tired of doing this. The number showing in attached screenshot is not mine. This is the temporary number which virgin media has given me and I was told it will be automatically done or you can manually change your number in phone (my number) but this is not working. I just don’t want to use this number and want to keep/ use my old number which I’m using since 2016. 

7FADB9EB-F586-4724-AE94-888E979D4DB8.png

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Seems a common problem not unique to Virgin 

Got this from Giffgaff 

https://community.giffgaff.com/d/3258193-ported-number-but-iphone-still-showing-old-number

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Sanat129

When did you port in your number to us?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

December 2021

Are you able to go into the settings, then phone and then manually edit the number at the top of the screen.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have done numerous times but issue is still persists. 

When you save it, does the number revert I'm guessing? 

Is this the same with any calls made or just iMessage affected? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team