Menu
kevin95
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Porting Mobile Number from Virgin to Virgin

Hi, I recently bought a new Virgin Mobile SIM. I was hoping to bring my mobile number from my previous SIM with me which is also a Virgin Mobile SIM. The old SIM and Mobile number are associated with my dads Virgin account and my new SIM is associated with my own account. When I tried to port the number a message appeared saying that I can’t transfer a Virgin number to another Virgin number. I’m looking for any solutions and any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting Mobile Number from Virgin to Virgin

Others on here are far more familiar with V-Mobile's various policy bits, but I'll just jump in with a point of general advice for all UK mobile providers:

A PAC, which drives the number porting process, is for porting between different mobile providers - not within the same one.

Moving a number within a mobile provider is purely a matter for the provider itself, and their internal systems. "Porting" isn't the correct process for this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting Mobile Number from Virgin to Virgin

Hi kevin95,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Sadly we wouldn't be able to port a number to another SIM card if we already have the number. 

You would need to port the number out to another company and then port it back to ourselves. 

^Martin

0 Kudos