cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps saying refreshing sim data New phone not new sim.

EmmaO
On our wavelength

Hello I got a new phone delivered today from virgin mobile. I an still using my old virgin mobile sim.

Since yesterday the virgin sim card in my old phone kept saying sim card refreshing data. The sim card stopped working  cant call or text. 

I put this sim card in new phone s20 fe 4g when It arrived today. And it's doing the same thing. Not working saying refreshing sim data. 

Iv noticed other people have the same issue but not seen the solution on the community as you always pm the person. 

Anyway please can you look into this and make it so I can actually use my sim card with my phone please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmmaO
On our wavelength

So I received a new sim after my last one stopped working when I ordered a new phone upgrade.

I Put that sim in new phone and it's saying out of service. What is the problem here virgin mobile? 

When am I going to able to use my phone and dim card? 

This is just bizarre. I can't understand why it's so hard as phone company to give people sim cards that work.

Honestly if I could go back in time I would tell my self . There's a reason why virgin mobile deals are so cheap.

you get what you pay for. I payed very little and I got nothing. Infact my bill is now about £200 compensation. But I'd rather you actually provide the services. Never again.

And I advise anyone considering switching over .. just don't.

You will spend half your life on the phone to them. And the other half on these forums.

Then someone will say iv PMed you from virgin. You go to pm they solve problem give you some compensation.

Then the problem starts up again. 

I'm totally sick of it to be honest. Its misselling its fraudulent and illegal.

To many people with same issues and you still sell the sim cards and phones to them. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi EmmaO.

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear you've been having a few issues with your new SIM card.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details and look into this further for you from there.

Please do look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Beth

Beth

EmmaO
On our wavelength

So I received a new sim after my last one stopped working when I ordered a new phone upgrade.

I Put that sim in new phone and it's saying out of service. What is the problem here virgin mobile? 

This is just bizarre. I can't understand why it's so hard as phone company to give people sim cards that work.

Honestly if I could go back in time I would tell my self . There's a reason why virgin mobile deals are so cheap.

you get what you pay for. I payed very little and I got nothing. Infact my bill is now about £200 compensation. But I'd rather you actually provide the services. Never again.

You will spend half your life on the phone to them. And the other half on these forums.

Then someone will say iv PMed you from virgin. You go to pm they solve problem give you some compensation.

To many people with same issues and you still sell the sim cards and phones to them. 

EmmaO
On our wavelength

The saga continues...

I Was private messaged on here yesterday. They told me they have now activated my sim card. 

My sim card worked for about 15 minutes. Now it's gone back to not registered on network. 

Virgin mobile please be honest about why so many people are having issues with sim cards in the samsung s20 fe 4g. 

Is it because of background work for your merger with 02? 

Is there a signal problem in my area? 

Are the sim cards faulty?

Are the sim cards not compatible with s20 fe 4g. 

What ever the case please be honest and upfront about the solution you can provide and a realistic time frame. 

The thing is I have an 02 sim in my phone and it's had signal constantly. 

Any way I hope you will actually be able to help me now. 

@EmmaO wrote:

EmmaO
On our wavelength

3 weeks later still no working sim. No messages from virgin for a week.

Could some please resolve this issue please 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @EmmaO

I am sorry to hear that you are having yet another issue, are you able to provide us of a screen shot of where you are seeing this?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

EmmaO
On our wavelength

Screenshot_20210831-125528_One UI Home.jpg

 says no service still its been 3 weeks. Beth said viegin mobile was looking into it. But still not working

Cannot use the sim card at all.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi EmmO,

Thanks for your post and I am so sorry this has not been resolved and you have not had working service for this amount of time,I can certainly understand your frustration.

I can see Beth has raised an IT ticket and reached out to her for an update for you.

Zoie

Hi EmmaO,

I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you, our IT Teams have taken some time looking into this for you. 

The issue has now been confirmed to be fixed by the team, can you please let me know if you are still having issues?

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

EmmaO
On our wavelength

I just restarted phone.

I'm sim card still isn't working

Screenshot_20210902-134149_One UI Home.jpg