cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call no sound

vcarrabin
Joining in

I have an intermittent problem when receiving calls on my mobile. I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. Often they hang up and call back and this fixes the problem. I also try restarting my handset but the problem still recurs.

I use a galaxy A10 handset but also tried the SIM in an iPhone 5s and got the same problem.

It has happened in different locations and at with different callers.  It is not a signal issue as the call connects fine but there is absolutely no sound at all from the start of the call.

It's having an affect now I'm working from home and I am missing work calls. Help please.

78 REPLIES 78

Luke7710
On our wavelength

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the update, hopefully this will solve the issue 👍🏻

Tom_F: Can you tell them to get a move on please - most of the time fixes from Virgin take months to years 🙂

All my issues resolved since EE > VodaF > EE but the caller hearing me issue has been going on since March 2021 and only in past few days managed to enable WiFi calling (as network didn't). Prior to this was hardly using my mobile as was unworkable with as everyone ringing would complain about no audio.

Laurie/Martin_N have been trying to get my issues resolved and its now hinging on this caller hearing piece...Calling O2 numbers seemed most problematic but I've had it calling native EE numbers too.

Could you add me to the list of callers not hearing me.

I've just ordered a 5G SIM in the hope of getting Wi-Fi calling, but reading this and having experienced the problem  5 or six times in the last couple of months, maybe getting any call at all is too much to expect.

Installed a new SIM on Tuesday, no difference.

I'm shopping around now for a new supplier, as I remember how many months of jumping through hoops it took to fix the email system.

Hi @unisoft  I can confirm that a ticket has been raised and our Support IT Team are looking into it. 

Regards

Lee_R

Sorry @misterdog and @Luke7710   That reference number is applicable to yourselves too.

Regards

Lee

Hi  @Lee_R  thanks for your help, are we supposed to do something with that?

I.T. reference number:  P010599864

Marshally
On our wavelength

Hi Lee_R

Please could you add us to this support ticket as we are experiencing the same problem?

Thank you

mrdb90
Tuning in

I’m having the same issue, I know my friend also on virgin is also.

Caller rings and you can hear them absoutly fine but there can’t hear you. Been happening a few weeks now. So annoying.

End the call and ring back and everything fine. Something deffo wrong on the virgin side.

Hi @misterdog.  It serves a few purposes really.  It gives you some evidence we're looking into your issue.  It's also something we on this team can use to track the progress of the resolution.  But it's also something that anyone of my colleagues on here or over the phone can track on your behalf.

Regards

Lee

Can I just ask are any of the people on this thread using a different phone to an Apple phone?  Just for further information.  Sorry I'd like to understand if this issue is linked to a make/model or not.

Regards

Lee