cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying old debt

Zakhall52
Joining in

I’ve been trying to pay an old debt I found on ClearScore for the sum of £20 for an old sim only contract I had back in 2016.

I know my account details and I even know the old phone number but the debt will not show in my accounts, I’ve tried ringing now and online chat but I keep being asked for the memorable word/password I set up years ago and I do not know it! This is very frustrating as it is impacting my credit score every month.

any help will be much appreciated 

zak

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Zak, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble paying off an old account. We're not able to take a payment over the Forums however we would be able to send out a reminder letter of your memorable word if you are still living at the same address. 

If you have moved then we can try asking some other questions to pass data protection and once that's done we can reset the memorable word for you which will in turn allow you to call up, pass data protection and make the payment 🙂

Either way, I will need to confirm some information with you so I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Zak, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

That has been updated for you now. If you call the team and give them characters they ask for from your new memorable, this will clear DPA and allow you to pay any outstanding balance 🙂

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs