cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG number deactivated

Anitas73
Joining in

My Dad is in his late 70s and has his PAYG mobile for emergency use. He’s not used it recently and it now seems that it’s been deactivated and he had over £20 credit. 
From reading posts on here, it sounds like as not being able to use the phone and loosing the credit, he has also lost the phone number. 

How can he get his number back or get a new number for his phone? Do I need to get a new SIM card from another provider as I understand Virgin no longer do payg? 
any recommendations for elderly people who only use their phone for emergencies? 

3 REPLIES 3

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Anitas73,

Sorry to hear this has occurred, unfortunately will be due to PAYG service being no longer provided by us but it may also be due to inactivity. If the number is already deactivated there would be no way to keep or port the number out. I have sent you a private message to confirm the account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

valdez
Tuning in

the same thing has just happened to me where Virgin Media will not refund any credit balance

they are hiding behind the excuse that I was messaged to say it was happening - I was not and have not had any satisfactory response to my complaint

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi valdez, sorry to hear about this situation. If the number hasn't been used for a period of time then it would be deactivated as per the t&c's of the mobile service, which can be found here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/our-service unfortunately it is not possible for us to provide refunds under these circumstances, even if notifications were not received we still are not able to prevent the deactivation or provide a refund for any unused credit. Apologies.

Tom