cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code unavailable, please just wait...

awelham
Just joined

Hi, I am wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me.

I have recently renewed my contract (over a week ago), part of which is that my mobile provider has been moved to O2 (as part of VOLT), very helpful accounts retention lady wasn't able to generate PAC code there and then, suggested I text number to get it myself. Didn't work, text message said to call 789.

She said she would raise the issue internally and call me back with the answer within 48 hours (that is their SLA apparently) - no callback, no update to date.

Tried again for the next few days to get text to work, no luck. Called 789 -
First attempt: 1.5 hours on hold... no answer
Second attempt: 50 min on hold... disconnected (didn't have the will power to call back right away)
Third attempt: (9am) 20 min on hold... Spoke to agent and tried to generate PAC code. "Yes, error on our side, don't know what's going on. Cant do anything else to help, please try calling back in 10 days..." on insisting, I got a reference number for the issue.

In the meantime, I have received an O2 SIM in the post - Spoken to O2 (less than 10 min hold time) and they have said I need my PAC code from Virgin Mobile to proceed, but my account is active and they will be collecting the direct debit from the original date.

So I am now paying for two mobile contracts and Virgin Mobile has effectively refused to provide a PAC code (I am saying refused as I have not been given any reason why this might be the case, just that they can't provide it to me...)

Aside from now going straight to OFCOM, is there anything else I can do?

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @awelham 

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to our community forums! It's great to have you here!

I am so sorry to see you are facing this issue with your PAC code! I'd be more than happy to take a look into this with you.

I'll send you a PM now so we can take a closer look, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.

Hi Ash_C,

Thanks for your reply, I'll keep an eye out for your PM.

Cheers.