Menu
Highlighted
Message 9 of 182
Flag for a moderator

PAC/STAC - Pending SIM migration

Hi All, 

We're aware that some customers, who are currently waiting for one of our new SIM cards to arrive are unable to request their PAC/STAC via the text message, or online journey. 

In order to resolve this, we will need to cancel the SIM migration; this will then allow you to request your PAC/STAC via text message or online as normal. 

If you are unable to request your PAC/STAC via text/online due to a 'technical error message' please post below; a member of our team will be in touch to arrange for the SIM migration on your account to be cancelled. 

Please note - we will be unable to provide the PAC/STAC through the community forums, this will need to be requested via text message or online. 

Mod Team

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 182
Flag for a moderator

PAC Request

I am trying to request my PAC code from Virgin as I would like to switch provider. 

I have tried on the website But i just keep getting "Oops, it looks like something went wrong.  Please try again later, or chat to an advisor."

I try to chat to an adviser and I get "Oops, something's gone wrong!...Please try again in a few moments."

I have sent PAC text requests through to 65075 without any reply.

I dial 150 and am told all call centres are closed, and to try online!!!

I feel I am being held to ransom by a company who is making it impossible to contact.

I have even been left hanging on the VM site messaging service.

And for good measure, I have inserted the new SIM as requested and can longer receive any calls as they are directed to voicemail!!

Any help or advise please?

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin Mobile

After 5 years with Virgin Mobile Sim only. I have decided to leave. I have messaged for a PAC code and even a STAC code as I really don't care which they give me right now....I have tried this on my Mobile device, I get a message back saying they are having technical difficulties and to try again later.. I've been trying for nearly a week now...So I tried on my online account only to be told, whoops something went wrong try again later...

I even resorted to phoning them yesterday, only to be told they were having large call volumes and to try there help link...!

Frustrated is an understatement..  

Can Someone Help please....

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Virgin won't give me PAC code

I have been sending the PAC text, online account request, text message service and numerous calls to try and get my PAC code but although it's a legal requirement now to receive it within 2 hours, after 6 weeks Virgin Media still refuse to give me it.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin won't give me PAC code

You're not the only one. I can neither get it online, or via the text. The call centre lines are always 'closed'.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 182
Flag for a moderator

If you have an old Red SIM it seems the system won't work as the cards are due for migration onto the new ones.

If you ring 789 early, say 8am you should get through. Ask them to cancel the migration and issue a PAC

I gave this advice to a customer yesterday and it worked for them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAC Request

Hi AwfulVM,

Thank for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you've been having problems getting hold of your PAC code from our tesam.

Don't worry, I can help you get this. 

I'll pop you a private message now so I can go through security with you.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 182
Flag for a moderator

This makes a lot of sense. However the online PAC request function does not work either. My mobile is scheduled to be discontinued in 18 days because i have not changed my SIM. I have tried and tried and tried to ask for the SIM, which did not arrive. Possibly was sent to an old address. I cant reach or speak to anyone, and none of the contact options allow me to connect to any person. Not tried early AM, so will give it a go. At this point i just want the PAC.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 182
Flag for a moderator

@damianlhayes wrote:

This makes a lot of sense. However the online PAC request function does not work either. My mobile is scheduled to be discontinued in 18 days because i have not changed my SIM. I have tried and tried and tried to ask for the SIM, which did not arrive. Possibly was sent to an old address. I cant reach or speak to anyone, and none of the contact options allow me to connect to any person. Not tried early AM, so will give it a go. At this point i just want the PAC.

None of the automated systems will work in your case. The SIM either has to be changed and active or the migration has to be stopped for them to do so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 10 of 182
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAC/STAC - Pending SIM migration

Hi All, 

We've merged your threads so we can make sure things are resolved as quickly as possible. 

If you are still having problems requesting your PAC/STAC please read the first post in this thread, and let us know below. 

We'll get back to all customers still experiencing issues as quickly as possible to help further. 

Thanks

Mod Team

0 Kudos