Menu
bobdan
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

'Overdue bill' 8 months after mobile contract finished

Hi,

In 2017, I signed up for a 24 months contract at £18 a month with Virgin Mobile (VM). After the contract was completed in 2019, VM sent me a letter acknowledging the completion of the contract, but i would still receive a monthly bill from them of £1, so I got my bank to cancel the standing order on February this year when I noticed it. I have now received an overdue bill amounting to £43.

I am abroad currently, and won't return until next year. I want to sort this out so it doesn't affect my credit rating. None of their contact services are working. 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Overdue bill' 8 months after mobile contract finished

Hi bobdan,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. When your contract came to an end in 2019 did you contact our team to say you would like the rolling sim deal cancelled?

When your contract ends we would not cancel your account without your permission, this would turn in to a 30 day rolling contract until we are notified you no longer require any services with us and wish to cancel fully.

If you have only cancelled your direct debit with the bank this would not be cancelling your sim deal with us, this is why you have now received a bill for £43.

Unfortunately we would not be able to cancel your sim card and current mobile package from here. We understand you are no longer in the UK so you will need to call you us directly on +44345 600 0789 to get this arranged.

Our team will be happy to help and get your account fully cancelled for you

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos