Menu
Suprich
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph Unlimited data SIM - Roam Like Home Fair Use Policy

Can't post the screenshot of my sms chat for some reason...

I have the chat saved in my messages for future disputes (if needed)

EDIT - you can view if you click on the item and it opens another window (on a laptop)

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 52 of 60
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if the vm respondant is date dyslexic and said day when they meant month. At the 2019 EU wholesale data rate of approx £4/GB 13.75 GB a day would be about 92gb in a week so wholesale about £350 cost to vm. If it's per month a more understandable £55

0 Kudos
andybevan
Tuning in
Message 53 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for screenshot.....I've grabbed it for future reference too. It's definitely 13.75Gb per DAY yeah?

0 Kudos
Suprich
On our wavelength
Message 54 of 60
Flag for a moderator

If anybody ever needs to reference the advice, the chat was 1st September 2019 and the times are in the body of the chat, not the 8.01pm which is time I took the screenshot.

0 Kudos
roughbeast
Up to speed
Message 55 of 60
Flag for a moderator

lol@missing plane.   Satire is usually not far from the truth.

To get a clear answer, make sure you get through to the Oomph department, based in Sheffield. 

Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos
roughbeast
Up to speed
Message 56 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Very interesting text exchange there. I used that service to try to get answers and got nothing firm. If the answer you got is true, then that would explain why I wasn't charged. Although we ran pretty close, we didn't exceed  13.75GB a day.

Services: 500Mb / 35Mb, TV V6 box X2, Phone XL Talk unlimited and mobile x4 Routers = SHub 3 in modem only mode with Asus RT-AC88U
0 Kudos
Highlighted
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 57 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Can we put this to bed now, it's clear what the answer is. While VM employees should know the answer to simple questions, they have a track record of giving incorrect information. 

The roam like home policy states - 

"You can now use your UK allowance anywhere in the EU with Roam Like Home. This means that while you’re travelling in an EU country you can use your UK allowance of Minutes, Texts and Data, just as you would in the UK subject to fair use limits."

You are billed monthly and you use your data monthly, not daily. The legal terms and conditions for the oomph bundle have been linked to in this thread which states that while roaming, you have to abide by the roam like home policy. 

Also in other documentation it states a monthly data cap, not daily.

"5. Under Roam Like Home Regulations we may apply a monthly data cap. If you use more data than the monthly cap allows we may apply a surcharge to any data above the cap. The data cap and surcharge is set by the Regulations and depends on the price of your airtime plan.

5.1. It’s a simple calculation:

5.1.1. Pay monthly customers: twice your monthly airtime cost (before VAT) divided by the current EU data wholesale capped rate.

5.2. You can see the surcharge rates and the latest EU data wholesale capped rate in our Tariff Table. Alternatively, why not use our calulator, which can be found here."

Just to make this 100% clear, that roam like home is not daily, if you take the £23 a month sim card with 40GB of data and input that into the roam like home calculator, it allows you to use 9.88GB of data while roaming. If that was daily, it would give you a total of 306.28GB to use in the month of August. How is that possible when you only have 40GB a month. 

roughbeast
Up to speed
Message 58 of 60
Flag for a moderator

Sadly, it cannot be put to bed. It is a watch this space situation.  The Oomph team promised to provide me documentation of their assertion that the SIM is fully unlimited in the EU.

I will post it here when I get it.

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 59 of 60
Flag for a moderator

@roughbeast wrote:

Sadly, it cannot be put to bed. It is a watch this space situation.  The Oomph team promised to provide me documentation of their assertion that the SIM is fully unlimited in the EU.

I will post it here when I get it.

After all the evidence posted, you still believe it's unlimited? You do know it's not Virgins network that you'd be connected too while roaming so that's also very unlikely they would offer unlimited data. 

What's the wait for? If they have documentation that states it's unlimited while roaming, why can't they send that to you by either printing or photocopying or even taking a picture of said documentation. 

teabag
Superstar
Message 60 of 60
Flag for a moderator

lol.  There does seem to be a top secret FUP somewhere we need to stick too for Oomph SIM's, us customers just do not have privileges to see it 😂

Like the two posters who had their SIM's suspended for using SIM in a MiFi device, the FUP we see grants us full permission to do so.

@roughbeast.  Very lucky getting away with it this time, bet Virgin have been busy seeing how that happened and making sure it can not happen again - way to much cost for them to stump up.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos