Menu
Tom79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Old phone return

Like so many I got a call about taking out a new phone deal. I was told when my new phone arrives I’d get a bag to return my old phone.  My new phone arrived without a bag so I called customer services and was told the bag is sent up to 5 days later and does not come with the new phone as originally told.  Only received the new phone Friday. Today I’ve had an email saying my old phone had not been received. Really concerned. If you don’t get the bag for 5 working days after the delivery of the phone how can I return it within a few days??  Can you clarify the procedure please? I was told we have 15 days to return the phone and don’t want to be charged. 
kind regard, Tom

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old phone return

Hi Tom79, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for any confusion around the return of your old phone. I can appreciate your concerns - especially if you were told to wait 5 working days when getting in touch. Just to confirm, is this part of a trade-up & trade-in upgrade?

If so, I couldn't find any clarification on whether the bag should arrive with the new phone or after - so I've emailed a colleague so we can get confirmation on that & will update the thread accordingly.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Tom79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Yes it’s part of the up grade.  I called yesterday and was told again the bag will arrive 5 days after the new phone.   It’s very concerning that some others have reported getting charged the full amount because the phone has not been returned in time.

I’ve already had an email saying the phone has not been received yet and I need to send it ASAP.  Which I find confusing......if the procedure is to send the return bag 5 days after the new phone why send an email 2 days after receiving the phone? 

I’ve been told to wait until tomorrow and then call back if I have not received the return bag.  

kind regards
Tom 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us Tom.

I've had confirmation that The Trade Up quote is valid for 14 days but the jiffy bag normally takes 3 days so I'd expect it to be with you by tomorrow.

In the interest of making sure this is sorted for you asap I'll be able to double check everything looks OK on your account - just look out for my PM and get back to me when you can.

Tom 

0 Kudos