Menu
ba1ny82
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Number Porting Issue - Customer Services not helping?

Hi

I recently switched from O2 to Virgin Mobile and ported my number. Got a confirmation on Tuesday 19/03/19 to confirm that the port was now complete. I can make outbound calls and texts but cannot receive calls or texts, says number is unavailable. Tried restarting the phone etc.

From reading online I believe this is a split port issue but when I call customer services the first time they tried to suggest it was call forwarding on my phone, which it isn't, they have also said it should be sorted in 24 hours, which it isn't. Tried calling again this morning but can't get through, been on hold for ages.

I thought I would post here in the hope a Virgin moderator would see and assist, as I am at a loss!

Thanks

teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number Porting Issue - Customer Services not helping?

Certainly does sound like a split port which will need being dealt with by Virgin, if you can't get through on phone, you can try the CS text service 07533016422, just start off with a text saying porting problem, or you can wait for a reply here which might take a few days.

Did laugh when reading that they advised it was Call Forwarding, a service Virgin do not actually have - only to voicemail 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Raziel_I
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ba1ny82,

Thanks for your for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear that you have had issues with Incoming Calls/Texts after the porting in.  How are things looking at the moment? Are you still experiencing the same since your post? The information given to you by teabag  was correct ( Thanks for that teabag ! ).  Were you already able to talk to our team about this? If not yet, please do get in touch with us on your most convenient time on  the number given above. Please keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

Raziel_I

0 Kudos
KSenos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I too am having this issue, and have spent hours with customer services changing settings & even trying the SIM in different phones, and even being sent a replacement SIM. 

A support ticket was finally raised on 28th March but I am still waiting for this issue to be resolved.

Judging from this forum it doesn't seem to be an uncommon problem so I would have thought it could have been recognised and sorted out by now, meanwhile I cannot be contacted on my number.

Disappointed 😞 

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Trisha_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi KSenos,

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear that your having issues in regards to porting in your number.

I understand that you would like to sort this issue as soon as possible since your number is very important. As you mentioned, we already raised an it ticket last 28th of March our team is already working hard to fix it for you.

You can also send us a message on the number that was provided by teabag for any updates on the it ticket that was raised. We hope to have it back up and running soon.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Trisha_G

0 Kudos