Menu
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving some texts

Thanks for coming back to us @PinkyPanther21.

I have been unable to find your account information via your community profile, I will drop over a private message so that we can pass account security and we can get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
ACW50
Joining in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This is my issue! I am the Not receiving some texts from one virgin mobile number. (Not on blocked list, nothing received since 12 March.)

Phone calls work, both ways. I can send text to that number but nothing received by text.

Other texts received OK.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ACW50

I will send over a private message to you now and we can confirm security and get this looked into further for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
PinkyPanther21
Tuning in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So after interaction with Steven_L over a few days and trying lots of options on both mine and partner's phones, the issue is now resolved. The problem seems to be that after my partner enabled WiFi calling on his phone, I could no longer send text. This was resolved by me deleting the contact entirely on my phone and then setting up the contact again. Originally the contact had 3 different contact numbers listed, with mobile as the default and work/other also listed. Apparently this may be the cause of the problem. So implies contracts with multiple numbers don't work when the recipient changes to WiFi calling. Odd as phone contacts system still allows multiple numbers to be stored within each contact.

Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for popping back with you update @PinkyPanther21

Hopefully if other users are having this issue, your post will help then out - we do appreciate you posting with your resolution. 

Have a great weekend. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide