cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving SMS after O2 transfer

K_8888
Tuning in

Hi all,

My mobile contract has been transferred from Virgin to O2, with that transfer I have two challenges:

1. I no longer receive text messages even though I can make calls (and I'm not sure I can receive calls either - I don't appear to be receiving them).

2. I can't log in to the app as it requires log in via O2 or Virgin Media - I have neither, I have Virgin Mobile but log in isn't possible with these details.

If VM support can help with the above asap that would be great.

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

I’m seeing something similar. I received a new Sim for my MiFi device. It’s got the same number, I can use the device to tether and can send SMS from it but not receive. 

This isn’t urgent but needs to be fixed & it’s unclear who I should speak to. 

Thanks for your post @nleaney, and I'm sorry to hear of any confusion that's been caused.

Can you please confirm if the sim cards you've been issued have Virgin Media or O2's logo on them?

If this is branded with O2, this is something that would be best placed with them.

They have a Community Forum, that is very similar to our new look, for you to utilise to have this resolved.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yes it’s an O2 branded sim. I’ll give them a call

Garsa
Tuning in

Don't do that. I have been there and they can't do anything without a PAC Code from Virgin Mobile. There must be thousands of people being moved to O2 and none of us seem to have been told how to keep our mobile number.

Hey Garsa, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

If you are looking to pac code you need to follow these steps;

You can get a PAC in a few ways: Sign in to your online account and select Switching to make your request. Text 'PAC' and your date of birth (in DDMMYYY format) to 65075 For example: PAC 01031984. Call us on 789 from your Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 ** from any other phone.

You can also find out more here Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I have worked all this out the hard way and I am told my number will be ported tomorrow. I remain annoyed that we are all being told the transfer will be automatic but not told that our phone numbers will change unless we follow a complex process 

Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

If you are with Virgin mobile and are being migrated to O2 this is done automatically.

However let say you have took a volt deal out or got a sim with your Virgin Media package this would have to be done by pac coding the number over I am sorry this wasn't explained to you and I would be happy to raise a complaint for you if you wish. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

For those who don't know you need to:-

Insert your old sim card in your phone

Send a message to 65075 - the message is PAC then your date of birth (so PAC 01022000  if your birthday is 1 Feb 2000)

Wait 5 minutes and receive a PAC Code such as VRG123456

Re-insert O2 card

Phone O2 on 202 and give them the PAC code and the number you want to keep

Wait a day or so and your number should be transferred

Thank you for posting these helpful tips.

If you or anyone needs any advice on this please just post here and we would be happy to answer any questions.  Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?