Menu
Derek_1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nokia 3310 Not Working

Hi,

For about a month my Original Nokia 3310 has been playing up, i was only able to make 30 second calls at most & then got cut off.

I did notice that the phone network on the screen had changed from EE to Vodafone when this problem started. So i believe that is when i must have been switched over to the vodafone network.

I had a Purple pay monthly Virgin Sim in my nokia 3310 when this started happening.

I contacted virgin, they said there was something wrong with the Purple sim, & sent me a new 5G sim that does not work in my Original Nokia 3310.

So i have now gone from being able to make only about 30 second calls before being cut off, to not being able to use the phone atall.

Is there a 2G sim available that you could send me, so that i am able to use my phone again as it was working fine untill this started happening, or do i need to change provider to use my old (2G) phone.

It is a sim only pay monthly contract.

Thanks,

Derek.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia 3310 Not Working

There are no 2G SIM cards. All cards are capable of working over 2, 3 and 4G and now 5G.

I'm not sure what the Vodafone 2G signal is like in your area or if there is a network problem. 2G is being kept ruining but is not top priority when it comes to repair 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Derek_1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have no signal for my original 3310 2G, Vodafone doesn’t even show on the screen anymore.

This Nokia is the original 2G which can’t connect to the internet.

I was told that this 5G sim they sent me will not work with this old phone.

My problem  started when my network was changed from EE to Vodafone when I was using a purple virgin sim. I mentioned I was only able to make very short calls & still send texts, they sent me a 5G sim as they said there was a fault with the purple sim & now I can’t even get a signal.

I thought my old phone would work fine with the new Sim.

Does this mean that everyone that has an old 2G handset now can’t use a Virgin mobile sim, because that’s what it looks like.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The new Virgin SIM cards will work in 2G phones and I have not heard of problems with that model. It may simply be the SIM has not been activated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Derek_1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

when the new 5G sim arrived a few days ago I followed the instructions & a text came through that said I was up & running & the old sim had been deactivated.

I was not told to enter the code that came on the card along with the Sim, does that mean it has not been properly activated.

I was able to still only make about 30 second calls before being cut off & then the next day no calls & no signal.

Could it just be the activation didn’t go through, & that the code it came with needs to be entered.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Derek,

Thanks for coming back to us in our community and welcome back, sorry top hear you are still having problems with your new sim and your Nokia 3310, I wasn't able to locate a Mobile account with the details we have for you, so I can help further I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Derek_1
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes I have tried the sim in another handset.

I was using a purple Sim when this problem started. I was getting cut off after about 30 seconds or so on several occasions over the past month.

When this started, I noticed that the phone network was showing had switched from EE to Vodafone on the phones screen, then the problems have been constant since that happened.

I have been sent out a new 5G sim because I was told there was a problem with the Purple Virgin SIM card I was using.

The problem was still the same, & then I got completely no signal despite Virgin checking & saying the signal is fine.

The phone is the ‘original’ Nokia 3310 with no internet access available for this model.

I believe it could be the change from EE to Vodafone that has now made my phone unusable, as I have completely no signal & can’t send or receive any calls or texts.

I have checked the phone for any faults & there is nothing wrong with it, & I also bought a new battery for it but still can’t get on the Vodafone network with my Virgin 5G sim.

I did have an online chat with someone from virgin & they think it’s because I now have a 5G plan.

This Sim is part of a bundle that I have with you.Landline,TV, Broadband,& Sim.

I recently renewed my bundle contract with you.

In that bundle I had a (2G) Sim, the ‘Purple’ one.

With my new bundle I am now on a 5G sim it looks like.

So if I was still on a 2G Sim plan then my phone should work perfectly fine.

Could this be the problem, are you able to change my plan to a (2G) Sim plan, & this might fix the problem. The Nokia 3310 original version handset that I have doesn’t have internet capability on it.

Just wondering if you were to change the sim plan from 5G to 2G then my old phone might work again like it did when I had a 2G Sim plan with my old bundle.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Derek,

Thanks for coming back to us, as our network has changed and the Sim card did need switching I am sorry the plan which worked currently isn't something we now support so may be the reason this no longer works.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused with this.

Regards

pal. 

0 Kudos