cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail in Spain

margarethunter
Tuning in

When I try to access my Voicemail (from Spain) I get this text "Your voicemail has been accessed from another phone. Wasn't you? Please call our team on 789 or dial 222 to reset your pin."

I enter my usual PIN, which is accepted, and then it just goes quiet, then automated response "thanks for calling..." and line goes dead. 

I have voicemails waiting to be read. Can anyone help please?

Regards,

Margaret Hunter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@margarethunter Thanks for keeping us updated on this Margaret, sorry it's still not been sorted. Please look out for my PM and we'll do all we can to help from there.

Tom 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi margarethunter

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with accessing your voicemail whilst abroad. 

Are any other calls dropping at all? Is roaming also activated on the handset? 

Let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Nat,

Thanks for your quick reply.

To answer your questions: calls are absolutely fine and roaming is activated on the handset?

I did have the same issue a year or so ago and one of your forum colleagues was kind enough to reset my PIN which solved the problem.

Would it be at all possible for you to do the same please?

Regards,

Margaret

Hi Nat,

Not sure if I've somehow missed a reply from you, or whether you've managed to reset my voicemail PIN?

Regards,

Margaret

Hi Nat,

Thanks for replying on the other post.

I wonder if you can send me a PM so, like the other person, you can take some more details and help reset my PIN?

Thanks,

Margaret

Tried the SMS help system, which was an excellent service, but unfortunately resetting the voicemail PIN was not something that could be performed by them.

I was directed to the usual 789 number, which I tried, but gave up after some time after being in the expectedly long queue (the same occurred with the 0345 number as well).

As I've indicated in some of my previous postings, this issue has also occurred on a previous visit to Spain and a simple reset of the voicemail PIN allowed a new PIN to be set and access to the voicemail system was restored.

Please can a PM be sent to myself, the requisite security protocols be followed, and voicemail restore?

Regards,

Margaret

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@margarethunter Thanks for keeping us updated on this Margaret, sorry it's still not been sorted. Please look out for my PM and we'll do all we can to help from there.

Tom 

Thanks for resetting my voicemail PIN.

Normal voicemail service has been resumed!

Muchas gracias from Spain.

Regards,

Margaret

Ola margarethunter

That's great news and thanks for letting us know its fixed 

Gareth_L

Hi there @bantamtaylor99, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have not been able to access your voicemail in Spain due to the pin not being set. Generally we would advise to check here for the instructions of how to reset this pin, however, this only applies to being in the UK.

As you are now outside of the UK we would need to reset the pin for you, I will be happy to help you do this so I'll send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules