cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SMS code when trying to sign up

phillstevens
On our wavelength

I recently migrated my number from Vodafone to Virgin.  I'm trying to sign up for a mobile account but when it gets to the part that sends me a message with a code I never receive the code so cannot proceed.  I have signal and the correct number.  It's very frustrating.  Time requested 12.34pm on 3/4/22.

14 REPLIES 14

phillstevens
On our wavelength
Obviously if I can't sign up for an account to manage my account we're going to have to cancel my contract as that's just unacceptable.

HI phillstevens, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the online account, we may need to raise an IT ticket for this and I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. - Chris

It seems this has been a problem for 2 years looking at other threads, why is it not fixed?

We would need to pass this over to our IT team and they would be able to look into this further for you. Can you confirm if you are able to get the code to a Non Virgin Mobile handset? Chris

I don't have 2 phones, I'm not that popular.

Also, as it's to sign up to a virgin account it'll only send to my virgin number.

I will send you a private message to see if we are able to get the account set up for you. ^Chris

It's been 4 days now and still nothing from the team that has allowed me to set up my account for my phone.  Why is it I can't receive the authentication code on my phone?  Why can't I set up my account on my own?  Why do I need to wait for you to do this for me?  It's rubbish.  I need this sorted ASAP and an answer as to why I can't get the code.  This is a massive problem.

I've spoken to 150 and they are sending me a new SIM card.  Hopeful this will work but if not I need to escalate this as I cannot go through 2 years without having access to OTP's.  Astounded that VM are not fixing this as a priority.