cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sims again!

Salty1
Tuning in

Why are VM issuing new sims again by end of Feb and must be inserted within 2 weeks of receipt of same?

9 REPLIES 9

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Move to Vodafone most like. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The move to Vodafone and new issue sims happened last autumn - why new sims again is my question?  It's not convenient for me as I live and work abroad for extended periods and cannot always guarantee when I'll be back in the UK to pick up my new SIM. The message that I got from Virgin on my phone says that I must put the new SIM in my phone within two weeks of receiving it in order to keep using the Virgin mobile service. Does this mean that I should be cut off off from service if I don't have the new SIM in my phone within the stated period?

Hi @Salty1, thank you for posting. 

Due to the ongoing move of our mobile services from the EE to Vodaphone network we have identified a number of customers who require a new sim to migrate and continue using our services. This is particularly the case for some customers who have been roaming for long periods - It sounds like you are one of these. It is true to say your phone services are unlikely to continue working 14 days after your replacement SIM has arrived. 

We need to send the SIM to a UK address - do you have an alternative address you would prefer us to send the SIM to? We can send it to a family member of friend to forward on to you if this is more convenient? We are just unable to send the SIM to a non UK address. 

If this option would work better for you, please just let me know and I will send you a PM to confirm the alternative delivery address information with you. 
All the best. 

Molly

Please PM me. 

Hi Salty1,

Will pop you over a private message now 🙂

Look out for the little purple envelope, top right hand corner.

Alex_Rm

Hi, I'm in the same situation as "Salty1"

I was only able to have the new SIM forwarded to me last Friday 4 March and it hasn't turned up!!!!!

Is Virgin mobile going cut me off and other customers in this type of situation?

The SMS I received today says "Your old SIM will stop working in 4 days. To continue to use your mobile service, you urgently need to swap it over if you've not already done this. Not received your SIM, or need more info ? Go to virginmedia.com/newsim"

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/sim-help

There is nothing on that help page referring to "Not received your SIM"

What happens if this latest SIM still turns up after the deadline you have set for Monday 14 March for my current SIM to be disabled. If I then I install it mid next week, will it still work, or will you disable this new SIM also for late activation?

Why has Virgin IMO not given enough time for this changeover for some of its customers in the even something goes wrong?

Why did Virgin make a deadline for Monday. If you at least made it mid week I would perhaps have time to still get it, or have another sent!

I would hope you have planned a contingency in the event that, if SIM's don't get to people in time or are faulty you wont just cut them off?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lostsim, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues the new sim is causing and I appreciate this has triggered a few questions for you. 

I would be happy to address this with you and also look in to things from our side. To do this, I will need to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. 

I will send this over to you now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Thanks for the quick reply Nat, I'll drop you a PM asap.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you, whenever you are ready 🙂 

Nat 

Nat