Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New sim update

Hey, 

my grandma has an old nokia phone and has been sent a new simcard due to virgins sim update scheme. The sim card is say NOT VALID can anyone help with any advice as getting through and getting help from customer services is getting beyond frustrating they are so unhelpful. Even if anyone can suggest a nokia model of phone that is compatible with these new sims so i can at least look at getting her a working phone if virgin dont do anything. My 80 year old grandma currently will not go out without her phone incase something happens or needs to contact taxi firms ect to help her travel to and from shops. Please can someone help! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim update

Hi, this happened to me, I have a Pay As You Go Nokia 2310. I phoned Virgin mobile on 789 on my phone. Took ages to get through but they have sent me a new phone. It is not a Nokia though but the new SIM seems to work in it. I just have to finish setting everything up and add all my contact numbers to the new phone.
Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, they said they were sending her a new phone as i dont think her phone is new enough to accept the new sim but a week on and no sign of any phone. Its hard being so far away from her and not being able to help sort it easily. Just want her to have a working phone 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My new phone arrived a couple of days after my call. Perhaps it is just they are busy with a lot of people experiencing the same issues. Hope it arrives soon.
0 Kudos