Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 71 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Re: New sim not valid problem

OK, similar issue here for my parents.
Happy users of Nokia1616 phones (x2) for many years (bought from Virgin Mobile - they still have the box with the sticker on). Suits them as simple and familiar.
New SIM cards sent and “Sim Not Valid” error messages.

What solution can Virgin Mobile offer please? (have been on the Online Message system most of the afternoon without any response).

Andrew Walker

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 72 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I suggest that you all get messages to moderators. Both my friend, who contributed to this post earlier on, & I have allegedly got new simple phones arriving from Virgin that will work. So hold out for a replacement. Or demand some form of refund if you have already forked out for something. But they were ordered over a week ago & still not turned up. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 73 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I would sugest you ring 789 just after 9 in the morning, it warns you you could be waiting upto 45 mins but the last time i was 32 mins, the lady did get me the credit back i had lost.

Explain your situation with the sim not valid.

Waiting for an advisor on here or live chat ( 🙂 ) or text message, well you could be waiting a long time..........

You need a new phone, plain and simple and you shouldn't be paying for it.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 74 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Two weeks ago I was helped by a moderator & chose a Mobiwire Oneida. A few days later another was ordered for my 82 yr old friend. By Friday neither had arrived. I started to ask questions via private messages. Now they are offering to re-order either a Nokia 105 or Energizer E12. Neither one I want. They say the Mobiwire is no longer available. Throughout this whole fiasco Virgin have messed up on every single stage. My thoughts are that they want to rid themselves of simple PAYG users. They are certainly doing that in the right way!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 75 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Yes through no fault if our own these new sins are raking some sorting out, the main problem being you can never get hold of anybody or they pass you from 1 dept to another, very frustrating. 

The Energiser E12 really is not fit for purpose you can't try to cram Internet onto a phone with a screen as big as a postage stamp. 

My husband had an old Nokia that did texting, phoning and you could pick sounds for each and alter the volume, the Energiser does not. 

I got him the Nokia 105 which us very similar to the one he had, it does exactly what it should do, it wasn't nt from Virgin. 

I would be asking for credit for a new phone and go and buy an unlocked of your choice. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 76 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the advice. As a new member it would help me if you could tell me how to contact a moderator.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 77 of 82
Flag for a moderator

It seems to be very hit n miss getting help from an advisor on here, live chat is a waste of time as is the text message they refer you to. Ringing 789 after 9 am should get you to a person but be prepared to wait. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 78 of 82
Flag for a moderator

I have a Nokia 1661-2 on Virgin, I've been sent a new SIM and it will not work in the phone. I put the old SIM back in and the phone works, but I keep getting text messages from VM saying I must swap the SIM to the new one or my service will cease on 17th September. Given that I have no service if I swap the SIM over, what do I do? I'm annoyed that I am losing my service for no fault of mine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 79 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Hi I would suggest you ring the 789 after 9 in the morning and stay there till somone  answers you. This problem has been going on ages now.

Not enough advisors are picking up these questions, don't bother with the text message thing, no body answers, live chat if you do get to it, they pass you from 1 dept to another. 

Your phone might need to be unlocked if that doesn't work ask them to credit you for a new phone, as you say this is not your problem, we got £20 so we got a Nokia 105. Simple text and phone. Good luck. 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 80 of 82
Flag for a moderator

Now clocking up 4 weeks since I was first aware of new Sims & problems. Despite promises no phone has arrived. I will be buying one of my choice & going to another service.

0 Kudos