Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New mobile 'phone contract imposed

Has anyone been notified that their  mobile 'phone contract is being changed?.

I got an email saying that I'm getting a new contract and when I rang to query this I was informed that I'm one of 45% of customers that  LEGALLY "HAVE"  to have their contract changed!!.

I asked for the legal info be sent to me,and was told that I could view it on Virgin website.

Can anyone advise me of what I can do about this?.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New mobile 'phone contract imposed

Your free to leave if you dont like it, I moved to voxi

Highlighted
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Going by the news, there's yourself plus one or two others affected  https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/02/140-000-virgin-mobile-customers-face-april-price-hike...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

one of my numbers went up from £7 to £14 my initial complaint was met with a like it or lump it attitude, I contacted OFCOM and was told the first port of call is to make a formal complaint so I phoned 789 again yesterday with that intention saying I wasn't happy with being bullied by virgin, the person who i spoke to had a different attitude to the first and I ended up with transferring to a new 12 month package which is almost identical 3gb & 1500mins for £7 and they threw in a £1 loyalty discount making it £6 pcm (the first person had wrongly told me this would incur a penalty charge)

I'm happy that the matter was resolved as I didn't want the hassle of changing my 5 mobile numbers home phone and broadband all in one go but Ive learned a lesson over this and I will be making a tactical withdrawal now from virgin as I dont like their attitude to loyal customers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @DavidD2

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post. I am sorry that you have been impacted by the contract change ( I am also impacted by this change this year)

This change is covered under our T&C which you can read here You can read the relevant section under 5.3 of the T&C. 

If you are not happy about the changes we have made, you can leave us although we'd hate to see you go and hope that you'll stay in our family.  Also, if you're not happy with the changes, we'll be more than happy to review your tariff with you and see if we can locate one that would be better suited to your needs and budget. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos