cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim?

mamachill
Dialled in

I'm furious, Virgin have yet again just sent an email to say they are sending the sim i ordered????? and if I don't activate it within 14 days the phone will no longer work. This is my elderly mothers phone that I sort for her. Why on earth do you keep doing this without notifying customers first and letting them know what the hell's  going on , it's so bad and disrespectful that you just change things and expect everybody to jump and know what to do????  A heads up out of courtesy would be appreciated, but that's evidently far too difficult for Virgin, money and profit over customers every time. 

13 REPLIES 13

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mamachill,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with a SIM card! I can understand that this can cause some unnecessary stress and we'll do all we can to help resolve this issue for you.

Is your current Mobile SIM linked to a cable account? Can you tell us if you've recently taken out a new cable package at all, that could impact your SIM?

When did you receive the first email about this new SIM card?

Let us know so we can look into this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I haven't changed or done anything, I just received  an email this morning to say the new sim card I'd ordered was on its way and to activate it within 14 days. Since I've been with Virgin they've done this a few times  due to them changing providers or similar & it's frustrating when there's again  been no warning  and you just get an email without explanation to say your sim is on its way?  

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mamachill,

Thank you for coming back to me and for confirming that you've not made any recent changes. I'll be happy to investigate this further for you to see what's happened and how I can help.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mamachill

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message . I do apologise that in the email you received, it was not advised why the new SIM card was being sent out. I completely understand your frustration with that. 

I will pass your feedback onto the relevant team to hopefully change this going forward. I am very sorry that this impacted you and your family this way.

You can take a look at How To Activate Your SIM Card on our website for more help on this when you receive the SIM.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please reach out. We're here to assist. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Paula, the sim arrived today, so as usual i've gone to set it up for my mother but everytime I text  READY to 789678 it says message not sent. Messages are going everywhere else just not this particular one????  She has an old flip Alcatel flip phone?  Thankyou in advance Stacy 

Hi @mamachill. Thanks for getting back to us. 
Looks like we'll need to look into this further to see if we can activate this at our side. We'll get in touch via private message for you as Paulina is not in till Sunday. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi ok,thanks,  i've checked private message but there's nothing there yet? 

Hi mamachill

I'll PM you now

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @mamachill

Thanks for joining me on PM. SIM should now be working, max of 24 hours 🙂

Can we assist with anything further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill