Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM not working

I got my new SIM yesterday. All I was told was to put the SIM in my phone. It didn't work. Spent most of yesterday afternoon waiting and trying to find out why? Couldn't get hold of anyone from Virgin. Finally got through this morning but,apparently, my security answers were wrong so they wouldn't help me. Phoned back again. Was told the SIM hadn't been activated. Now it has but could take 24 hours before it works so that'll be 2 days without my phone. Not good as I'm getting on and with health issues during a serious pandemic.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

seems we are having the same issues with the new sim Virgin insisted we change over to - our incoming calls now go straight to voicemail - did anyone get this issue resolved and how the hell do you get hold of anyone at Virgin 😞

Despicable customer service  = ZERO

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

When I put my new sim in, my phone didn't work. Took ages and a few attempts to get through to anyone. I was told I'd obviously broken the phone when I put the sim in so I had to take it to a phone shop for them to check it. This was when we were in full lockdown. My phone had become so full of updates etc that it wasn't storing more than half a dozen photos so I was thinking of getting a new phone anyway. The sim does work in that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tonita, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that your calls are going to Voicemail, this ins't good. 

Do you have issues with any other services like texts and data? 

Can you make calls fine?

We'll certainly need to take a closer look and grab some details so I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos