Menu
Joining in
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: New SIM not recognised by my phone

My phone is a Pay as you Go. My wife.  has similar phone no trouble with her new sim card. After over 40 texts,,one e-mail and three letters have still not been able to contact a human being. I suspect that either the sim card is defective or it is connected to an account I closed over two years ago. Both phones are pay as you go for use in emergencies. Mine is the one  for which our Doctor has the number. I have been with Virgin since it started as North West Cables 28 years ago. since it was taken over the the service has changed from excellent to rubbish over the last 4 years. All i want is a sim card that works, if they can provide one that works for my wife's phone why can they not do the same for me. .  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain!

The problem with the new SIM card (so I'm told) is that the new network Virgin is updating to doesn't support older phones on 2G networks. Plus they couldn't supply unlock codes that work with my existing phone, hence them having to send me a replacement phone.

I would suggest starting your own thread as it seems the team will pick up your particular problem easier. I'm having trouble getting anyone from Virgin to answer my thread anyway!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Been over a week now since Virgin told my wife they were going to send me a replacement phone, but still not received anything. Can anyone at Virgin tell me if this phone has been despatched, as the SIM card you sent me has only a few days left to be activated, and I cannot do this without a suitable phone (through no fault of my own)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I got 3 Energizer E12 phones from Virgin, took 14 days. 2 old phones unlocked, 3 didn't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Communications with Virgin farcical. Unable to obtain PAC number due to " technical problems." . No human contact about Sim Card. However, since my last post have been contacted twice from the Far East by Virgin to try and sell me additional services for my TV and Broadband. From the conversation they must have read the posts, this is the first call I have had from Virgin on this mobile, previous calls have been on my land line. Neither of two callers could help me with my problem. If Virgin can cold call me to try and sell me services why can they not call me to solve my problem. One caller gave me a tel.No, called it eventually told there was at least a 45 min. wait to be connected as it was a paid number. I had not enough credit on phone and am reluctant to  spend more money. . Am going to contact Ofcom about PAC number, poor service and cold calling

.    . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Update; have now received an Energizer E12 to enable me to use the new SIM card. Appears to be working ok at the moment. Received a text from Virgin seconds after starting the E12 up saying my old SIM had been disconnected. No going back now then!

Thanks to John_GS for sorting this out. Can't help feeling things would have been so much easier (and less stressful) if Virgin hadn't attached my phone to my wifes' account, and been able to talk to me about my own phone, instead of my wife acting as go-between in every conversation. Pretty stupid system that is, Virgin!

E12 is very basic and doesn't compare with my now useless Sony Ericsson, so will probably change service provider with a better phone, especially after this farce. Virgin customer service is hopeless, on the whole. At least now the new SIM is activated it should make it easier to get a PAC code!

0 Kudos