Menu
ge1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Oomph package customer with SIM I don't want

I have recently signed up to an "ultimate oomph" deal, which includes a mobile SIM.

When I signed up I provided my current mobile telephone number; and a PAC code which I obtained from my current supplier.

Today Virgin have sent me a new SIM, however it is for a new mobile number.

If I need to change my mobile number then I will be cancelling the mobile element of the package deal (I've had my current one for many years and there's no way I'm changing it now; nor should I need to as I have provided all the details necessary for the mobile number to be transferred).

But I cannot find any way to contact the right people at Virgin to resolve this.  Due to Virgin handing the Broadband/TV deals; and the mobile element separately I just get directed in a endless loop of help bots until I'm asked to verify my details using the new mobile telephone number (which I won't be activating or using).

Does anyone know how I can get this information to the right place in Virgin so I can try to resolve the problem before I cancel the mobile contract ?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Oomph package customer with SIM I don't want

Has your package got a landline? If so dial 150 and ask for the Oomph team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @ge1971

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear you've been struggling to find an answer around this.

If you contact our mobile team on either 789 [from a VM landline or mobile] or 0345 600 0789 - they'll be able to look into the possibility of having your current number assigned to the Oomph SIM (I can't guarantee that this is a definite possibility unfortunately) 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ge1971
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thx for the replies - turns out the answer is quite simple, it's just that the process is not made clear.

I received a SIM and a message saying "here's your SIM, your new telephone number is xxxxx".

What it should have said is "...if you are transferring from an existing mobile number then plug in the new SIM and the process should complete within the next 24 hours, at which point you'll be able to use your existing number as before".

But none of that info was provided, so the message I got sent looked like I was being forced to lose my existing number.

If anyone from Virgin reads this you might want to look into making your messages a little clearer.

Hope that helps - maybe if someone else has the same queries and comes looking.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just a thought, but if your package includes the SIM and it's cheaper to have it than not...

You could just file the SIM in a safe place and not use it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ge1971, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am so sorry to hear you are having issues with your SIM, We should might be able to sort this out for you, I will need some details on this and will send you a PM to see if we can resolve 🙂

Keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie

0 Kudos