cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - activated today/port tmw - no WiFi calling?

SB495014
Tuning in

Hi all,

I ordered my new Virgin Mobile PayMonthy sim on Monday and it arrived today. I've plugged it into my phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S), and my number is porting over tomorrow, but I can't see any options for WiFi calling with the new Virgin sim?

My previous EE sim (same phone), gave me the options to use VoLTE and make calls using Wi-Fi, but the same part of the settings is blank when I insert my Virgin sim (see photos).

Do I need to have WiFi calling activated on my account, wait for my number to port, or something else?

ee.jpgvirgin.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a second setting in the pull down menu options.

You can try that. If it is either missing or can't be switched on then Virgin does not support your phone.

If it is important to you then cancel under the 14 day cooling off

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What makes you think Virgin Mobile has wifi calling for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a second setting in the pull down menu options.

You can try that. If it is either missing or can't be switched on then Virgin does not support your phone.

If it is important to you then cancel under the 14 day cooling off

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply Enlli, I'll contact support tomorrow and ask if my phone is supported, otherwise I'll cancel later in the week 🙂

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @SB495014

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with WiFi calling. 

Did you manage to check the additional setting suggested by enlli? If the setting isn't there then we wouldn't support the WiFi calling on your device.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi @Zak_M

Yeah I checked but there are no additional settings (MIUI Global 12.5.8/Android 11)

I already know that O2/EE support WiFi Calling on my device, so I'm currently in talks with both to find a comparable Pay Monthy contract, and I'll be switching before my 14 days are up (9th Aug)

Thanks for the help though 🙂

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back and letting me know. 

Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M