cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone keeps thinking it is in Belgium!

RW1974
Tuning in

My iPhone SE keeps thinking it is in Belgium and reformatting phone numbers.  I keep resetting back to UK format, helps for a while,  but then goes back to Belgium format.  How can I fix this?

Thx,

R

20 REPLIES 20

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try turning Dial Assist off.

https://www.iphonelife.com/content/how-to-turn-dial-assist-iphone
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Done that. Still have issue.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to find your SIM toolkit. I believe it is now located under connections

Select SIM Applications
Select Roaming
Select Select mode
Select National or Virgin
Select International and you are done, go back Home screen to retry

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JulianFr
On our wavelength

This has been driving me mad for the last week.

I tried other suggestions of changing my region to Belgium and then back to UK but I was receiving OTP codes from my bank hours after they are being sent.

I tried this suggestion and now my phone has no service and WiFi calling isn't on, so I can't make any calls at all.

Hey @JulianFr,

Thanks for your post on the forums but sorry it has taken so long for us to get back to you.

Have you been able to get this resolved since you posted?

Which model of phone do you have and is roaming currently active on your handset?

Regards

Steven_L

JulianFr
On our wavelength

Hi,

I've got the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I followed 2 different posts from @enlli, in the other one he said to set the roaming to National. Doing that has fixed my problem with it adding +32 on the front of numbers.

But now I'm unable to get OTP messages. They arrive hours after they're supposed to which makes them useless.
I'm on WiFi calling at home, the other day I was away from home and an OTP message came in instantly.

So there's something very strange going on with WiFi calling and roaming. I think the issue with numbers started when I got WiFi calling working and it looks like the fix for that then messes up OTP messages that get sent as normal SMS.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @JulianFr,

Thanks for joining me in a private message and confirming your details.

I have rebooted the WiFi calling on your account, please can you monitor this over the next few days and let me know if you still have these issues.

Regards

Steven_L

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

SMS, especially OTP, seem to be a recurring problem with Virgin WiFi calling.

People are finding they have to turn it off if they are expecting an SMS

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JulianFr
On our wavelength

It started working Friday after the change you made and everything looked great.

Then yesterday I was away from home and numbers started having +32 in front of them again.

Now this morning my doctor needed to send me instructions of what to do when I got for an appointment and I haven't received them.

I tried logging onto AO as they send a text message with a code and that hasn't arrived either.

This is terrible, I'm now going to have to drive somewhere with coverage to hopefully get the message from my doctor.