Menu
Charonicus
Tuning in
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile signal terrible today

It connected to Virgin as far as the phone reports (although as evidenced in an earlier post, the actual network operator code points to Vodafone)

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Charonicus wrote:

It connected to Virgin as far as the phone reports (although as evidenced in an earlier post, the actual network operator code points to Vodafone)

The phone will always report Virgin but your signal coming from Vodafone. 

Why the team ask people if they are connected to EE or Vodafone is a mystery as most customers have no way of telling!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Charonicus
Tuning in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It's also weird this began yesterday, the day O2 started maintenance in the area, the same day EE began reporting problems in the area. I know vodafone is a core provider but is it possible they piggyback their signals in more rural areas?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Vodafone and O2 mast share in many areas.  EE and Three do the same. However, in the government drive for better rural coverage there will be more sharing between all the networks.

If you travel out of the area and you signal improves then it is a local problem

If you go back the the Vodafone coverage checker then pan out on the map you may see sites under maintenance shown

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tb49
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

yes, for the last 2yrs, my signal keeps cutting off, the very intelligent tech advisors should take a pay cut/get another job, no other agents car a monkeys, as the same with management. the only reason i put up with the crap service is the cheap monthly price, must be because its a cheap and nasty signal transmission, ah well thats how the bosses make their money isnt it

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @tb49,

Thank you for your post. I am very sorry to hear you're having some ongoing issues with your mobile signal.

I can see that my colleague responded to you yesterday about your mobile service issues but are yet to receive a reply. If you get back to us there and the questions my colleague has asked, we can then proceed from there in assisting you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos