Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mobile registration problem

For two days my partner has been trying to register his Virgin Paye as You Go mobile but the system simply doesn't recognise him - after 20 years! - and we simply don't know the original Email address/Password used to create an account. Then we get stuck when we're asked for his SECURITY ANSWER when he simply don't know what is the Security Question!

The 789 text service links keep referring us back to where we started and we continue to go round in circles. And we've waited more than an hour on two occasions for telephone support. Further, no stores are open where we might have been able to get some assistance.
HELP !
Regards and thanks
RichardF77

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile registration problem

Hi RichardF77,

Welcome to our community forums and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having difficulties registering for an online Mobile account.

Are you trying to register for an online mobile account to activate your new sim card?

If you remember setting up a password on your mobile account many years ago this will generally be the security question that it is asking you for.

May we ask if you have tried registering from a different device or web browser? Also have you deleted any cookies/cache and history as sometimes this is what take you in the loop system.

Please try the above first and come back to us if you still require further assistance.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Having a very similar problem - sign in and get a green tick/check for name and password and then it tells me one or both are not recognised. That makes no sense and I've gone round in circles. Finally managed to sign in here... 

I had started by trying to top up my PAYG which had dropped to £1.65 and was waiting for the message to activate my new SIM. 

Phone's fully charged but I'm not sure what will happen if the service shuts down when I'm trying to use it.

So... still waiting and not using it 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi WatlingA5,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you too are having similar issues with registering for an online Virgin mobile account.

Just to clarify have you managed to register for an online account or just managed to sign in to your community forum page?

If you still haven't been able to register for an online mobile account have you tried registering on a different device and web browser? Also delete and cookies/cache/history. 

You can top up your mobile by calling 789 whilst you're having issues registering for an online account.

Please let me know about the above and if you still require further assistance come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
Dear Jodi_S

Many thanks for your prompt response - sadly what you propose just hasn't worked for us.

I should advise that my partner is only seeking to register his mobile Pay-as-you Go account in anticipation of the arrival of the new SIM card - obviously he's anxious that the card comes to his correct address, even though we've been here for over 25 years, and to ensure that he retains the same number!

I recall that we first "registered" our mobiles at the same time many years ago  - and although I've now been able successfully to register my account, and received an account number, by logging in with the password we noted at the time, sadly the system simply won't recognise his, and we've tried all the possibilities leading to endlesss recognition tests of crosswalks/hydrants/tractors/traffic lights etc.

Over the years we must have deleted our cookies/caches/history many times, and now we both have different laptops if that might make any difference. We've also stopped using various Email addresses used over the years and now only have two. I should also let you know that as we're both in our late 70s we find seeking a solution by texting very difficult!

I'm certainly grateful for what you have proposed and hope you might now be able to suggest an alternative solution - we'll try anything!

Best regards

RichardF77

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us RichardF77,

We will certainly take a look at your mobile account for you and make sure we have the correct address details registered for you.

Your new sim card will have the exact same number and your plan will remain the same, its only the sim card that is changing nothing else.

I will pop you over a private message so we can check all your details for you and put you mind at rest.

Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichardF77,

Just to let you know we have now update the address as requested and you are now fully registered for an online account with Virgin Mobile.

If you need any further assistance with anything at all in the future please come back to us through this channel.

Have a lovely evening.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos