Menu
jimbrogan
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile phone keeps cutting out during calls

Hello. I currently have a Galaxy A20e on a pay monthly contract. This phone was supplied in July 2020. A couple of months back I rang Virgin to report my phone kept cutting out during calls, After an extremely long and tedious call to Virgin the operator finally conceded I needed a new sim card which I received shortly after. However calls are still cutting out. Clearly there is a fault with the phone itself. My son has an identical model on the same pay monthly contract, but his phone never displays this problem. Could Virgin not cut a long story short and simply replace my phone? It clearly has a fault with it. I cannot face another long involved call where the operator simply goes over the same old ground and does her best to absolve Virgin of any blame. I don't want to leave Virhgin but I simply cannot go on with this problem.!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile phone keeps cutting out during calls

Virgin will want to repair it and if you want my advice don't let their repair centre anywhere near it. 

Got to Samsung direct. They repair phones for 2 years from purchase under warranty.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jimbrogan
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply and advice. To be honest I am so sick of the phone cutting out anyway and I'm tempted to just pull out of the whole thing. The problem with sending it anywhere for repair just now is that I am expecting to be contacted anytime by mobile phone concerning my coronavirus vaccine injection. I simply cannot risk missing that communication.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimbrogan,

Welcome to the Community Forums - thank you for posting here.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having a lot of problems with your handset during calls. Can you please confirm whether just standard calls are just affected, or are Facetime/WiFi calls also cutting out too?

We are keen to get this looked at for you - I appreciate you've already spoken with the team, but if you would like to book in the handset for a repair, we won't need to go through steps you've already been through over the phone to us. Just let us know and we can arrange that for you.

I know you're expecting an important call, but just let us know whenever is convenient for you and we can arrange a repair for you.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos