cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data in EU not consistent

dogboywifiprobz
Joining in

Hi, I'm currently in the EU (normally live in the UK) and my mobile data is barely working. It says I have 4G but I can't load anything at all unless i go into my phone menu and switch mobile data off then on again. When I do that, it usually loads any site but just very briefly - I have to turn it off and on again to get it to load a further page. However occasionally it will just work more consistently when I'm using an app like Twitter or TikTok, maybe for a few minutes or longer - until suddenly it just stops again. I have no problem with data in the UK and I have my roaming set to on etc. Please help! Thank you. 

22 REPLIES 22

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dogboywifiprobz

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about this, are you experiencing these issues when using the phone in certain locations?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

In all locations

Hi @dogboywifiprobz

Thanks for your reply!

Do you experience any improvement at all throughout the day or is the signal poor from start to finish? It does seem quite strange that you have to switch the mobile data setting off and on.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

It happens all throughout the day, but occasionally the internet will randomly last for longer. It's not a lack of signal though by the way, I have full 4G. Please see picture.

Screenshot_20220402-165807.jpg

Thank you for letting us know @dogboywifiprobz

Are you able to let us know where in the EU you are currently based? You may also find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-turn-on-roaming 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I'm in Germany but it happens in every EU location I've been in, including Spain, France and Majorca. 

Thank you for letting me know @dogboywifiprobz

Did you enable roaming as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-turn-on-roaming? Also, do you experience any issues with both calls and texts while abroad? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

No issues with calls or texts, just data. 

And yes roaming is enabled