Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile bill Overcharged

I have been overcharged by virgin mobile for picture messages I never used. My bill online showed they credited me after mistakenly charging me for lots more picture messages. I phoned their 789 number and the woman rep was so rude. She told me I have to pay for the picture messages as virgin mobile do not ever make errors. I asked to speak to a manager or supervisor and she said no. I have been with virgin mobile for years and they are charging me for something I did not use.My previous bills show I do not use picture messages. I need their email address please. Virgin mobile is a disgrace. I know they need money but stealing from customers is so wrong. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile bill Overcharged

sometimes sending emojis can convert to mms message if sent with SMS.
some phones also convert long SMS messages into MMS

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was told they are not emojis which I do not use and they are 18 picture messages. This is stealing of customers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Check back over your messages. Something is causing them to go as MMS (Picture Messaging is a misleading terminology.)

1. Go into your message settings and make sure the sending method is not set to Automatic 

2. Set your spending cap to allowances only or zero 

End of problem

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

• All my settings(multi media messages etc) are off. I have paid the same bill for years and this is the first time they told me 18 picture messages was sent from my phone. I have the same mobile phone and no one uses my mobile. They are trying to steal from customers and I have sent emails to Richard Branson etc. I will not be bullied by virgin mobile. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

• There is no sending method on my mobile phone to show it is set to automatic in my message settings and Multimedia is switched off. They showed credit on my bill when I opened my bill online for some pictures messages but not the rest. Why credit some and not all when virgin mobile saw all these charges? I asked the woman I spoke to on 789 why this was showing on my bill after she had told me virgin do not make mistakes.I would not have noticed the overcharging if I had not gone online to check my bill. 
0 Kudos