Menu
alovell
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Mobile Usage in Family Plan Invoice

I have created a family account with my daughter in a family plan. When we both had separate accounts, I could see the mobile data usage for each phone. I keep an eye on usage to ensure we are on the best plan. Since we have created a family plan, I don't appear to be able to see our individual usage, just joint under "Charges Type Summary"

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mobile Usage in Family Plan Invoice

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, alovell,

Unfortunately you would not because with a family plan you are linking the mobile numbers under the same account. However under Billing from you online account you should be able to view the activity for each mobile number.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
alovell
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. The question is where can I see it. When I look on line it only appears to give me the current usage not historical. E.g. I receive notification that my bill has been issued, I log in to find the usage but it is current, not the previous months 😞

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi alovell,

You can only see current usage within your online account however you can go into bills and click on the PDF and see the usage on each bill that way?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
alovell
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul but I can see the total usage but not broken down for each number. Therefore, I cannot see if either of us is near out Threshold. There is a list of every piece of usage but you would have to total it all up. If someone can send me a screenshot of where the breakdown of total usage for each number, that would be great

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alovell,

Thanks for coming back to us about your mobile bills, I am sorry you're finding it difficult to find what you want. 

I believe in a family plan mobile account, the numbers are collated into the same bill and so there is no way of viewing your individual usage for one number, as all of them are amalgamated into the same bill. You can see a quick overview of how much these numbers have used with the "charges type summary" on page three of the PDF, this gives you an overall amount of usage on calls, text and data of all the numbers on the bill. 

If you scroll further down you can the the extended list of how much usage and when for each number, but as you said this is not the most ideal way to check the usage. I understand this must be frustrating and it's something we can take away as feedback about our bill system with family plans/joined accounts.

If you are worried about going over your allowance you can create or lower your spend cap so that you cannot go over a certain amount on your bill. 

I hope this clears the subject up for you.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos