Menu
Daisy111
Tuning in
Message 11 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lifetime discount lasted 18 months

Thank you, I've logged a complaint with Resolver.

I'll not lie, I'm gutted - I already have issue with the cost of my TV package vs New Customer deals, as a customer of 10+ years Virgin are fleecing me for remaining loyal!

0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

OFFCOM are the only ones with the power to make these companies stop treating customers like cash cow`s.

The regulators made sure any unfair treatment cost the companies dearly....the alternative resoloution people are weak and in the pockets of the companies already.

Rise`s above RPI were regulated that they had to let you leave penalty free ( and that included handsets sold as part of the deal - companies then decided that handsets were no longer part of the deal but sold seperatly so they could let you walk away but you still had to pay for the handset )

For that reason alone they HAVE to let you close down the sim contract and pay off the handset under the original terms......can`t say its seperate one minute and together the next!
0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ps....phone back and ask for your PAC code.

They are just trying to scare you into keeping the contract going by suggesting you have to pay off the handset before doing so

The Phillipino`s that work in the call centre do not understand UK law, they lie and say that there isn`t a complaints procedure, no managers are ever on duty and that you should trust them!

Virgin is going downhill fast as it has no control over the front facing customer service people who are killing the company from within without anyone doing anything about it.
teabag
Superstar
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Daisy111 wrote:

Thank you, I've logged a complaint with Resolver.

I'll not lie, I'm gutted - I already have issue with the cost of my TV package vs New Customer deals, as a customer of 10+ years Virgin are fleecing me for remaining loyal!

Fingers crossed it will be sorted soon. Do update us 🙂

I've been with Virgin Mobile for a good few years now for sim-only's, I would leave straight away if they upped my tarrif like that.

For me, I see them as cheap, basic & nasty 😡    The sim-only cheap, service basic and the CS being the nasty bit 😂

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Sallystar80
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Daisy111....  I feel your pain. Customer services are so rude, it's like they want you to get so angry that you hang up. The woman I spoke to just kept saying the same thing ( which was "No" ) regardless of how i explained it to her. 

I've lost my double data and my tariff has increased by 140%. I honestly think that is disgusting. So now mid way through a contract which I had budgeted for,  I have to shop around to find a new mobile provider, open a new account, get a new phone number, fight virgin to be released, possibly complain to Ofcom and wait for my number to port over to new network. It's an absolute pain in the **** that i don't want to have to do!!! I was so happy with my deal and allowances and now I'm furious. 

Virgin costing me time and money that i don't have right now. 

Thanks for advice though everyone. I assumed as 30 days had passed since they emailed me about price increase (but not about losing lifetime discount) that i was stuck but i do have a freestyle contract so I'll be calling them back tomorrow to fight my case. Fingers crossed. 

0 Kudos
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I`d like to think that somewhere there are people within Virgin paying attention to this as customers don`t forget being treated badly and ALWAYS tell other people when bad things happen.

Sadly i`m sure there will be people patting themselves on the back about screwing us over.....and then wondering why they don`t have a job anymore

0 Kudos
Daisy111
Tuning in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I agree Keith.

I've been a Virgin customer since the beginning (indeed BlueYonder and before that Telewest), so for 20+ years I've been happy with the service provided, the price and the customer advisors. 

The way I've been spoken to this last few months actually feels like they're winding down and trying to get customers to leave??  Twice I've tried to speak to a manager, and twice I've been told "no".  I don't understand how they can go from being so good to being so astonishingly bad in such a short space of time?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Keith9534
Dialled in
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I think you are right.....get rid of customers and sell off the parts that are left before any investor realise how we feel and how many will be leaving
0 Kudos
Daisy111
Tuning in
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Surprising update!!

This morning I received official notification on my account that I will be billed triple my usual amount on the 8th May, with that covering the new allowance from yesterday to the 24th May.  So armed with information and advice from you helpful people (thank you all!), I calmly called 789 at lunchtime and navigated to the "I want to cancel" option.

This time I began by telling them I was cancelling ONLY the pay monthly tariff I'm on, and would be keeping the handset on the current terms. I specified that I wanted to complete my current month with them and cancel on the 24th May and to not raise a further charge on the 25th.

They have now decided they can lower my tariff after all, AND they'll honor the 5 x data allowance I initially signed up for.  I've accepted this as it still beats the Vodafone SIM I was about to sign up to.

On the one hand I am glad that someone in the organisation listens and responds to complaints, on the other I'm still wondering why I spoken to so rudely yesterday and why I was not allowed to speak to a manager?

My case with Resolver is still open, if someone ever responds I will let them know that the contract/tariff issue was sorted out, but my complaint about how I was treat on the phone still stands.  Is it even legal to prevent a customer from speaking to a manager or supervisor?

0 Kudos