cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep loosing 4G signal/Cellular data

Knocka
Joining in

For the past three or four days I’m losing the ability to use the Internet via 4G. It’s dropped out four times already today!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One place are all over

Try

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One place are all over

Try

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi @Knocka,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your service signal. We want to do our best to help. Just to confirm, as mentioned by @enlli, do these issues occur in one location or multiple locations? How long has it been ongoing? Does it also affect your ability to text or call?

Please get back in contact with us so we can best help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Most mobile companies claim 99% coverage. That's 99% of population coverage which equates 60%ish of the British land mass. My Leicestershire village does not get any mobile coverage from anyone! 😞

Hi @mildenhall,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are also have also had coverage issues. 

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help. Just to confirm are you a current VM mobile customer? Do you also have coverage issues in multiple locations? How long has this been ongoing?
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I should think if the village has no mobile coverage from any network it has been going on for the past 25+ years 🤣

I have Virginmobile with a landline and 1gig BB. I have tried all the major mobile providers too. I have tried a Nokia bricks, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S7, Galaxy A10, OnePlus Nord, OnePlus 6T, Pixel 6 with VirginMobile, O2, 3, Vodafone, Orange, Tesco etc etc.

Inside I can make and receive phone calls if I lie on my ground floor, with my ear to the floor.

Most providers say - good "outdoors only" which in my experience is exaggerating. We're lucky if we get 1G let alone 3G, 4G or 5G. The nearest antenna mast is only about 2 miles away however it is at the base of a granite hill. My house is the other side of that granite hill. Villages around me have similar issues. During lockdown my wife had numerous phone meetings whilst standing on the footpath 1/4 mile down the road! 

It's a known village joke that we can't get a reliable mobile signal. The BB speed is good though! 🙂

EDIT : Oh yes. British Gas, nPower, Scottish Power keep paying visits as they can't connect to our "smart" electricity and gas meter via the mobile connection.

We also have VM VoIP landline. I have a disabled daughter so VM have fitted a battery backup that switches to mobile in the event of a power cut. That'll probably not work either in the event of an emergency!  

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Being able to use WiFi Calling is probably your answer. At least you can call when you have no signal but broadband is available.

Don't know if you can get it on your handset, the range of devices is a bit limited on Virgin. Certainly would be an answer for a lot of people in your village 

*Just seen Pixel 6. I think that works with Virgin, certainly does with O2, 3 and I think EE and Vodafone 

Wifi calling is great IF you have one of the limited few phones that VM have enabled for Wifi calling. When VM increase the number of supported Wifi calling enabled phones, then that may be an option. Until then that is not an option for me. VM only support models that they sell...

Hi mildenhall,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your Mobile service. 

To confirm, have you spoken directly with our technical team with regards to this? If so, what have they advised?

^Martin