cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues receiving OTP text messages

ModTeam

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages.

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team

486 REPLIES 486

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rtbcomp,

Thank you for coming back with further details.

Would you be able to let us know what handset model you have and whether it has been migrated over to us from another network?

We appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

As I said earlier my handset is a basic Fonerange phone on a PAYG SIM

It has not been migrated from another network

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rtbcomp,

Could you please confirm if you have had one of our newer purple SIMs? Apologies for any confusion caused.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Yes it is

Thanks for confirming @rtbcomp

I will pass on the info you have provided to the relevant teams for investigation.

Thank you for your patience whilst we look for a fix.

Kind Regards,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

'I will pass on the info you have provided to the relevant teams for investigation.

Thank you for your patience whilst we look for a fix.'

Considering the fact this has been a KNOWN problem for FOURTEEN MONTHS now, and STILL staff on here are asking for information, and repeating the mantra 'thank you for your patience whilst we look for a fix '

The REALITY is, they are not even bothering to look, and there will never be a 'fix' because VM just DO NOT CARE.

in REALITY, Microsoft have developed Windows 11 in LESS time than VM have been 'looking into' the problem, and are no nearer even having a clue what is wrong, leave alone fixing it!!!

Why should they bother, when they just keep on pretending they are 'looking into it' whilst doing nothing, and 'playing customers along' with a load of bullpoo, whilst continuing to take customers money for a service they are unable to provide!!

Fixed:

"Why should they bother, when they just keep on pretending they are 'looking into it' whilst doing nothing, and 'playing A SOON TO BE EX-customer along' with a load of bullpoo, whilst continuing to take customers money for a service they are unable to provide!!"

"Microsoft have developed Windows 11 in LESS time than VM have been 'looking into' the problem" That's scary on two fronts!

Hi rtbcomp

We are still looking into this and can appreciate it has been an inconvenience 

But we can assure you it is still being looked into 

Gareth_L

'We are still looking into this and can appreciate it has been an inconvenience 

But we can assure you it is still being looked into 

Gareth_L'

Just as I said, once again the good old 'cut and paste'  job.  As usual, the same old, same old, same old, same old, etc.

Why won't VM just admit they don't care, and have no interest in sorting out this problem. Try telling the TRUTH, rather than repeatedly 'pretending' that 'something is being done' when its blatantly obvious IT'S NOT!!

In a few weeks/months, we will get the same (cut and paste) reply AGAIN, mark my words!!

Alfie991
Tuning in

I am not receiving the one time code text from my virgin bank to enable log onto the account. They are sending it and say it is a problem with virgin media !

I am receiving other texts - just not those from virgin money.

Any ideas ?