cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues making a call, account and billing issue.

Yvos
Tuning in

A couple of issues here: 

1. I randomly got sent a new sim and changed it over as instructed and waited for it to activate and I recieved a text that said it was but I cannot call anyone, I just get a busy tone then it hangs up, so I this includes the service number. I do have a new phone as my old one broke but it isnt locked to a network. 

2. The text I got was odd as it seemed to suggest that it was for a pay as you go account but I am on a contract.

3. When I looked at my Virgin Mobile app to get help, I I noticed that charges to my next bill is £80+ looking at the charges, I was charged for two calls (approx 10 mins each) on the 23rd within 10 mins of each other. It was supposedly to an 09 premium service number but I have no idea who these calls were to, I also do not think I made these as that was around the time when my old phone broke so I couldn't use it. I also wouldn't normally call a number that would be outside my call plan especially if it charged this much. I also have ASD, with one of the issues I have that I struggle to communicate on a phone with people I don't know well so I use email or other text based methods to communicate.

If someone has any ideas on this it would be helpful. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Yvos,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your new sim card and are currently unable to make any outbound calls. 

With regards to the premium rate number on your account, have you made any calls to someone in hospital recently? We only ask as these can sometimes be premium rate call charges. 

So we can take a closer look at what is happening with your mobile account, I will pop you over a private message to take some details.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.