Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Incompatible new sim

My mother in law was sent a new sim for her pay as you go Nokia 1100 but when I tried to insert it it just came up with a message saying wrong sim card.  She is 81 and does not understand technology. Her old sim still works but she keeps getting messages saying it will stop working soon.  When we tried to contact customer service to send out a new sim they were very unhelpful and said that unless she could give her password they couldn't help.  She has problems with her memory as she has had a number of strokes so can't remember her password or even if she set one up in the first place.  How can she get a new working sim card

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incompatible new sim

you have a working sim card but not for that phone as its locked to EE and the new sims wont work - VM can try and unlock the phone but Nokias have had problems - if they cannot unlock it they are sending out new [cheap] phones foc

wait for VM to pick up the thread - it might get complicated with you not being the account holder but cross that bridge when they get here

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incompatible new sim

Hi Poohbear_123,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear that your mother-in-law is unable to use the replacement SIM. There are 3 possible reasons:

• The SIM is not active - I can check this for you if needed
  • The handset is locked - there should be an unlock code included along with instruction.
  • The handset incompatible - this one, regrettably may be due to the age of the phone.

I'll send you a PM shortly to check the SIM status.

Cheers,
Corey C

0 Kudos