cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessage not verifying

okhan24
Tuning in

I have been having issues verifying my imessage and have been constantly contacting apple and they have told me that it is an issue with my carrier and that i need them to check provisioning of text messaging if it is configured correctly. Therefore i need someone in the virgin mobile staff to do this for me as they do not answer on calls and i cannot get through to your live chat.

129 REPLIES 129

jack0w
On our wavelength

I’m unable to get iMessage working, it keeps saying activation unsuccessful.

ive spoken to Apple who confirmed nothing is wrong with my phone. I’ve tried signing out of my Apple account and back in. Reset the phone (reboot). Wiped it and restored factory settings. Tried turning flight mode on and off. Taken the SIM out and put back in.

ive also tried using the Virgin text service to get help but it continues in a never ending loop - i get a message saying there’s a 45 minute wait, I send a message saying 1, it says ok will continue connecting you to someone, then I get another message saying there’s a 45 minute wait... the loop continues no matter how many times I submit the answers. I should also mentioned I’ve used this service successfully several times, however now it doesn’t seem to be working correctly - hence me posting on here to get some help (as I have a disability that prevents me from speaking on the telephone).

Can someone from Virgin Media help me?

Mrbg
Tuning in

I’m having the same issues, my number was ported from Vodafone on Monday and I still can’t get iMessage and FaceTime working on my iPhone. Apple support said it was the carriers problem as the verification text apple sends to validate the phone number is not getting sent. Virgin told me this morning that it is a network issue and should get resolved today.....

Jon888
Tuning in

I’m having the same problem. Just spent an hour on to Apple who sent me here!! 

Apple had me text HELP to 48369 and this fails....this Apple said is the issue. I think when iMessage/Facetime verifies the phone number it sends some text, if the text fails then iMessage/FaceTime setup fails.

they had me message HELP to 51369 which didnt work as I have my excess limit set to £ 0.00 and the text was obviously a paid text, so it failed, then they said 'thats the problem' your sms are not working. But they are! Total pain...

TaranGladwell
On our wavelength

Im having the exact same issue. No imessage or FaceTime activating, spoken to apple and they asked me to text HELP to 48369 and i cant send this message. They have told me its an issue at virgins end! Whats going on virgin?! 

ModTeam
Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties activating iMessage and FaceTime on your iPhones.

We're looking in to this at the moment and providing our support team with some information. To help with this, please can you let us know which model of iPhone each of you are using as well as the iOS version?

If you haven't done so already, we would recommend you update your handset to the latest iOS version for your model.

Thanks,

TaranGladwell
On our wavelength

Im using an iphone 12 latest software ios 14.4. 
it seems lots of people are experiencing this issue.

iphone 6s on 14.4