cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I order a replacement sim card online?

Daphimo1
Joining in

Hi All,

Can I order a replacement Virgin Mobile sim card online?

My sim is jammed in my phone and won't connect.  I have no landline and I'm stuck at home on my own, so I can't call to order a replacement over the phone.

My local Virgin Media store is still 'temporarily closed' due to COVID.

Please help!

144 REPLIES 144

kraftyskillz
Joining in

Hi can i get a replacement sim sent out. Bit odd there's no other way to do this. 

I have lost mine unfortunately.

Hi kraftyskillz,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We can certainly look to assist with this. What I will do is private message you so we can assist. 

^Martin

taz91
Joining in

Can anyone help me with a replacement sim that isn't going to disappear and actually help with my enquiry?

Hi taz91,

I'm sorry for the issues you've had with your private messages. 

I will send you a message now. 

^Martin

Hi,

I recently got a new Samsung A71 to replace a broken phone. I requested a new SIM as I wasn't able to extract the old one from the broken phone.

The new SIM arrived but the A71 doesn't seem to recognise it as being inserted. However, for some reason I am able to do wi-fi calling but there is no phone signal, no ability to send or receive texts, and no data showing.

Any ideas for what I could do? Do I need another SIM or is it the device that us likely to be faulty?

Thanks

Andy

Hi AndyPash,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the SIM card. 

Just to confirm is this a replacement SIM card? Has the SIM card been activated? 

Where did you get the new handset from? Is it unlocked to all providers?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have been a Virgin Mobile customer for years, and the new phone was bought from Virgin.

The SIM I used initially in the new phone was a replacement SIM sent to me from Virgin as I was originally unable to extract my old SIM from my old phone.

This replacement SIM I doubt has ever been activated because when I put it in my new phone, the phone did not appear to recognised the existence of the SIM. I was subsequently able to get the old SIM out of my old phone but that doesn't work either - again the phone does not recognise a SIM being present. Bizarrely, however, placing the old SIM in the new phone enables wifi calling despite the SIM not being recognised.

Andy

When did you originally get the phone now being used?

^Martin

All of my phones have been from Virgin. Virgin is the only network I've been with.

Sorry AndyPash, I asked when you got the handset. As in what was the date you bought the phone. 

^Martin