cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gambling site access

Beemore
On our wavelength

All of a sudden today I have been unable to access gambling sites, lottery etc. Never had issues prior to earlier today.

10 REPLIES 10

rjwright
Joining in

Same here, can't get onto Lottery app

Same for me

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Beemore,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues when accessing some sites.

We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

Does the issue persist across multiple devices and browsers? What happens when you try to access those sites? Do you get an error message?
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Beemore
On our wavelength

Issue is now resolved. It was on my mobile and after restarting the device things are back to normal. Thanks

Glad to hear this has been resolved @Beemore.

Please continue to monitor this and let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Resolved for me now too

It's not resolved for me I'm afraid. It's the same on multiple devices, browsers and websites using the Virgin mobile SIM.

E.g. do a search for national lottery, click the link for national lottery website or any other similar site such as postcode lottery. I receive a message "This site can't provide a secure connection". All of the search results links use HTTPS.

I've searched the community and found people having similar problems in the past where your technical team had to manually disable parental controls. It was already disabled in the VM control panel and I've tried turning it on and off again as well as restarting devices.

If I use a VPN or a built in data saving facility such as in the Opera web browser then it works fine. It's just if going directly through VM all such sites refuse to load.

Hi @Meanteam

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I shall send you a PM now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Please can you help me, I am having the exact same issue.