cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 internet not available

Goldie106
Tuning in

Hi, when I turn on websafe on my account my sons galaxy s8 cannot connect to the WiFi. We get a message "Internet may not be available" and ! Mark next the WiFi sign on the phone. This only happens on this phone. Every other device I. The house can connect. Anyone else have this issue and know a solution

5 REPLIES 5

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Goldie106, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that your sons Samsung Galaxy S8 is not connecting to the WIFI. This certainly is a strange one as it is just affecting the one handset. I just want to confirm, have you been able to reboot the hub since trying to connect the handset?

If not, can you please try this to see if this helps with the issue? If you need anything further, I will be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Thanks for your response.

yes the hub has already been rebooted a few times.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply, when the websafe is turned off is the device able to access the internet? 

Zoie

Hi Zoe,

yes if I turn the web safe off then it connect immediately.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for clarifying this Goldie106, this tells us the device can connect however it would be worth to check this page here and follow the steps advised to access your advanced settings on the hub and look for the individual device settings options for the Samsung handset.
This way you can see if anything has been accidentally changed that's blocking the device from accessing while child safe mode is on, please try this and let us know if it helps.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs