Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Expired mobile contract

Hello,
Thanks as I would like you to support this because texting to fixed landline as it’s should therefore it’s MUST be ALLOWED DEAF OR DEAF LIND PEOPLE TO BE ABLE TO USE VIRGIN AS ITS AGAINIST THE LAW UNDER THE DEAF TELECOMUNICATION ACT AND THE DISABLEMENT DISCRIMINATION ACT wpqp that it’s should have been made some adjustment to enable texting to both mobile & fixed landline which it’s a good policy like BT EE Vodafone which allows deaf or Deafblind to text to landline as I think virgin as ITS SHOULD COMPLY within the regulations. I still trying to send sms text as I still getting not delivered red error message as it’s wrong as it’s should be allowed to be sent off straightaway without having this problem I am very angry with their system fault as it’s should be a faults at all it’s illegal. Would they make a fullest investigation to find the fault?
Andrew.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello see screenshot the sms text message not working since October which they had ignored deaf mobile users see here. Andrew.

66B2FD16-BA29-44F1-98CE-CB1BF9B0DE24.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Sms text message eg from 789.
Andrew.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@andrewweb 

I think you are expending a lot of effort an emotion on something that simply is not going to happen. 

As far as I am aware there is no legal requirement for mobile networks to send text messages to landlines and not all do.

Good luck with your complaint but I suspect you are on a looser.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I can pass on your feedback about the texts to landlines function - unfortunately it's not possible for us to implement that for you, even if we could it would not be suitable for applying for a mobile contract upgrade due to the legal-requirements that need to be fulfilled as part of that. 

If the contact options & accessibility alternatives available aren't suitable we can only recommend asking someone to help you with that, or contact us on your behalf. Sorry for any disappointment this may cause. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
Thanks for the message. I find this is extremely ridiculous that there ought to get it sorted to get is right as it’s should have the full accessible service which it against the deaf telecommunication policy. No point of asking someone because I had problem with three as they still wanted to speak to me as it’s had to be done at the shop to do to get the pac code it’s was very difficult to get last time.
Do you understand it now?
I will wait for the deadlock letter soon as I will mention to CISAS the difficult last when I tried to get pac code it’s not straight forwarding due it had to use voice call & not text it’s ridiculous sorry. If this possible to downgrade my mobile into the old doro 612 from the iPhone SIM card by using the adaptor?
Andrew.
Andrew.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 27
Flag for a moderator

As mentioned earlier you can get either a PAC or STAC via SMS:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile-switching-faqs#leaving

• Text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075 For example: PAC 01/03/1984
  • Text ‘STAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 75075 For example:  STAC 01/03/1984

You can also request either via your online account at www.virginmobile.co.uk/youraccount

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 27
Flag for a moderator

This is disgustingly ridiculous! The rest of other mobile service do offer these feature which I am sure it’s against ofcom rules To enable deaf or Deafblind mobile users to send sms text to both mobile to fixed landline which I sure it’s legal requirement from ofcom. Sorry I stuck with virgin and I hoped they successfully transfers to Vodafone network next year by virgin mobile as I had read the announcement some time ago last month.
Andrew.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 19 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@andrewweb wrote:
This is disgustingly ridiculous! The rest of other mobile service do offer these feature which I am sure it’s against ofcom rules To enable deaf or Deafblind mobile users to send sms text to both mobile to fixed landline which I sure it’s legal requirement from ofcom. Sorry I stuck with virgin and I hoped they successfully transfers to Vodafone network next year by virgin mobile as I had read the announcement some time ago last month.
Andrew.

The key accesible phone options OFCOM require providers to offer are all here:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/accessibility/services-fo...

The Mobile option is the Next Gen Text Relay, which is now known as Relay UK which allows you to tie into the existing operator based TypeTalk service from an app you can download to an Android or iOS device or to a computer - https://www.relayuk.bt.com/ This use to need a dedicated Minicom device but is now possible on modern connected devices.

There is no mention of a SMS to landline service requirement.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
Thanks for info as I had tried text relay to send sms text message as it’s still won’t work as I don’t use textphone nor ngt lite. There should have new rules to enable deaf people to get the full feature which it’s disgusted as I feel virgin has not been very fair on disabled mobile users as I shall report to CISAS in my case. I am sure it’s was removed the features some about 6 years which it’s wrong is the evidence.
Thanks once more for your suggestion.
Andrew.
0 Kudos