Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Emergenchy. Service 999 sms text service

Hello,

despite texting is not working for sending to fixed landline from mobile phone or iPhone as if an event of a urgent emergenchy if I need an ambulance if I had used the 999 sms text service as I think it’s will STILL NOT works due as I think it’s landline system and not mobile phone. Does virgin mobile had not had a thought of NOT having vital landline texting service like landline phone or the emergenchy service to enable speech impaired and deaf/Deafblind mobile users? I thinks it’s VERY DANGEROUS if an event of fire, police or ambulance emergenchy as I think virgin should have kept their Bt EE network host active before they switch to Vodafone next year.

andrew

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Emergenchy. Service 999 sms text service

Sorry, your post is a bit garbled and doesn't make a great deal of sense. Are you complaining that VM doesn't support the 999-text service?

If so, I'd become very curious whether this is another service that, although undocumented, is limited to the main networks. Shortcodes can certainly be a problem on MVNOs, and this is a shortcode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried registering for 999 Text

Should tell you if it works

Register your number with emergency services before you can request help via text.
  1. Send the word 'register' in an SMS message to 999.
  2. You will then receive SMS messages about the service.
  3. When you have read these SMS messages reply by sending 'yes' in an SMS message to 999.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

thanks for message. No it not complaining as other mobile network worked ok of using the 999 emergenchy sms service which I had registered since t-mobile 10 years ago. I am not very sure whether if the 999 emergenchy sms is landline or mobile based system despite virgin doesn’t support sending to fixed landline phone number as I wondered if this apply to the 999 emergenchy sms service as I am sure it’s will not work as it is landline based system. Does the 999 emergenchy sms text service is landline based system of whether if this will not work with virgin system? If this doesn’t work I will include this in my complaint letter to CISAS with the matters with texting to fixed landline they know about the problem  I had, but i think it’s wrong for Virgin not having the full system like Bt EE or Vodafone system which I think it’s will get is sorted out soon.

andrew.e

andrew.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The text system is mobile. I've tried it

Good luck with your complaint.

Really, if you want these things you are better off moving to one of the main networks

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm the post above, here's the help page from Virgin Mobile about their support for the Emergency SMS service:

https://www.virginmedia.com/accessibility/virgin-mobile

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos